01 426 carb issue

3 replies to this topic
  • klxnewguy

Posted November 13, 2007 - 10:09 PM

I was out at the track tonight and after riding for a while I stopped to get some water and noticed that after sitting there for a few minutes my bike was leaking fuel as if the bowl was full. I tapped the bottom of it thinking that the float was stuck and nothing happened. It's not pouring out, just drip drop kind of thing. Do I just need to take it appart and make sure all is clean or would it most likely be something else? The bike would start fine, it would act bogged down and once I cleared it out all would be fine until I stopped again. Any help would be great as I am off riding again Saturday and need to get it fixed! Thanks!!!

• SRT426

Posted November 14, 2007 - 01:52 AM

Check the float needle and seat, they are probably worn out. Pull it out and check to see if it's grooved about 1/2 way down and if the top is kinda worn and stubby looking. I just had the same problem on my 426 and replacing those parts fixed it. Parts are about $50 and take 10 mins to fix.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 642MX

Posted November 14, 2007 - 05:21 AM

The float needle is not sealing against the seat.

A couple of possibilities: a piece of trash is stuck between the needle and seat, the seat could be corroded, the needle could have a wear mark on the rubber tip. Or the float height may just need adjusted.

• klxnewguy

Posted November 14, 2007 - 09:52 PM

Cool, I 'll check both of those out and see what I need to do in order to get it fixed. Thanks for the reply and info!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.