What do you think of this price: WR450F

10 replies to this topic
  • mikesbaron

Posted November 13, 2007 - 05:40 PM

2004 WR450F
"This bike is in awesome condition for a 3 year old bike. Has elctric start, the bike has been jetted for altitude and starts and runs like a charm. The only thing that is not stock on the bike is the pipe which is from an 06' WR450. "

He is asking $3100.
Good price?
What should I offer if it's all he says it is?

Pics look good too.

• Nostalgic

Posted November 13, 2007 - 07:09 PM

Not a bad price but not great either. I would offer $2600 and work toward the middle from there.

I hvae an '03 wr450 with tons and tons of upgrades (gytr carbon fiber pipe, pro taper bars, moose tall soft seat, skid plate, '04 starter upgrade, cycra probend alloy handguards, IMS pro-series foot pegs, and it's plated.)

I paid $2500 which I think was a steal.

So, not a bad price for a year newer if it's in great shape. But, try to knock a good $300 off that price.

Good luck!

• Carl_Mega

Posted November 14, 2007 - 07:23 AM

During the height of the season, I paid $3300 for a 04' but it was spotless and barely ridden. It had a dealer cert + a few of the basic upgrades + a few throw-ins. It seems to me that $3100 is a good price depending on condition. It's winter time (when prices should be lower) so, if it's nice, try to bargain to $2800 or lower depending on condition.

Personally, I'd rather buy a close to stock with ultra-low miles than a modded out bike that was ridden hard or possibily abused. If you are super-lucky, you get both - modded to the extreme and barely ridden. How does that even happen?

• Maddeh

Posted November 14, 2007 - 08:39 AM

I saw that too and if I had the money I would be looking at it. I'd say its worth $3k max at this time of year, assuming the bike is in as good of shape as it looks.

• surfer

Posted November 14, 2007 - 03:18 PM

Start at 2600 and go as high as 3000 cash dep on cond. I paid 3500 for an 04 street legal with 900 easy miles.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SJMC_DON

Posted November 14, 2007 - 08:10 PM

I sold my 04' for $4300 this past spring, sure the season was right but these posts about bike prices are better placed in your regional forum... A bike like that in WA state, even now in November, would sell for $3500 +...

You wanna see a real eye opener... go onto Craigs List in British Columbia, Canada and see what dirt bikes are going for... it will blow your mind:crazy:

• Reedus

Posted November 15, 2007 - 06:16 AM

Wow, I browse through TT fairly often and what a surprise to find my ad off of KSL on here! Just an FYI, I sold the bike for 3100 in 3 hours. It was posted for NADA average retail. The reason it sold so quick is the location. Here in Utah, the market is HOT for rec vehicles and if you post something, especially a bike like a WR or CRFX, they don't last. Quads bring average to high book all year long around here. Do a search on KSL for a WR or CRFX and just see how many are posted. The ones that are still posted are priced way to high

• 1rkcooper

Posted November 15, 2007 - 06:25 AM

I sold my 04' for $4300 this past spring, sure the season was right but these posts about bike prices are better placed in your regional forum... A bike like that in WA state, even now in November, would sell for $3500 +...

You wanna see a real eye opener... go onto Craigs List in British Columbia, Canada and see what dirt bikes are going for... it will blow your mind:crazy:

Just saw an 06 on kijiiji posted for $5800 in the lower mainland (Vancouver BC) area. He also had an 05 for a bit less.

Always check your local area for prices. If not you may be pricing too high and not be able to sell or too low and lose out on some money.

• Nostalgic

Posted November 15, 2007 - 07:27 AM

Wow, I browse through TT fairly often and what a surprise to find my ad off of KSL on here! Just an FYI, I sold the bike for 3100 in 3 hours. It was posted for NADA average retail. The reason it sold so quick is the location. Here in Utah, the market is HOT for rec vehicles and if you post something, especially a bike like a WR or CRFX, they don't last. Quads bring average to high book all year long around here. Do a search on KSL for a WR or CRFX and just see how many are posted. The ones that are still posted are priced way to high

LOL. I always wonder if these threads have the actual owner reading them. :thumbsup:

• xrmarty

Posted November 15, 2007 - 08:28 AM

If the the bike is really good condition that's an ok price.

• SJMC_DON

Posted November 15, 2007 - 09:29 AM

Just saw an 06 on kijiiji posted for $5800 in the lower mainland (Vancouver BC) area. He also had an 05 for a bit less.

Always check your local area for prices. If not you may be pricing too high and not be able to sell or too low and lose out on some money.

Thats what happened to me, I posted my 04' for $4300, it was in good shape I really cleaned it up good....Posted Image

I posted in the WA State forum and all of sudden I had guys in BC Canada calling off the hook wanting to buy it sight unseen... Lesson learned, I could have gotten more for it in BC. :thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.