Antifreeze changing???

5 replies to this topic
  • MOmilkman

Posted March 27, 2002 - 06:16 PM

How often do you all change your antifreeze?

I use the Spectro premix for the maximum protection for cooling, but I realize Anitfreeze can break down also and not work as good as when it is first put to use.

When I first got my bike I was changing it about every 6 months. (Probably overkill) But now it has been probably 16 months or so.

I just wondered if it is really necessary to do it any more than that.

• calvin

Posted March 27, 2002 - 06:42 PM

Engine Ice is the only coolant I'll ever run in my bikes. Flush and refill every 6 months.

• PMAUST

Posted March 27, 2002 - 09:39 PM

Good question. So far I have only added. Never done a complete transfusion. So far knock on wood, I haven't had any problems.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YAMAKAZE

Posted March 28, 2002 - 05:13 AM

Normal antifreeze change rates are Once a year for Competition Riding and Every Two years for Casual riding.

I also use Engine Ice.....At $18.00 fo a half Gallon I would never change every six months. This is very good stuff...

Bonzai :)

• MOmilkman

Posted March 28, 2002 - 05:29 AM

Ok, thanks for the info guys.

Good to know Im still well within my window for changing it.

• Bryan

Posted March 28, 2002 - 10:14 PM

Hey Milkman.
Just take off your radiator guards and change the fluid every time you biff your radiator and have to get it repaired. So that's about once every two weeks right?
:)
Bryan in Denver...

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.