california plated XR650R on Ebay...

23 replies to this topic
  • hondacrf150f1

Posted November 13, 2007 - 03:54 PM

not mine...

rare plated in CA, lots of goodies with no reserve, thought some might be interested

http://cgi.ebay.com/...sspagenameZWDVW

• tdamore

Posted November 13, 2007 - 04:25 PM

Bike isn't plated, it has a green sticker only.

• FoolishMortal

Posted November 13, 2007 - 04:32 PM

"For all of you legal eagles looking for a CA plated XR, look/bid elsewhere."

Good looking out, though.

• Denn10

Posted November 13, 2007 - 04:39 PM

says right on it "plate not valid" Ima report it to ebay since its a fraud listing. that guys an idiot LMAO ebay loser!!! You can have a ca plate but its not for the bike. LOL

• The Regulator

Posted November 13, 2007 - 04:42 PM

I agree. That's just wrong to advertise that as plated. :thumbsup:

• Krannie McKranface

Posted November 13, 2007 - 05:19 PM

My heart dropped when I saw this on ebay, cuase I could'nt find a plated XRR with these goodies for less than $4800.00.....but it is not plated. I think this bike has been listed before, without the plate claim, for much higher.
I got mine for $3k.

• BBA

Posted November 14, 2007 - 05:27 AM

The bike has been sold! The reason I know this. The guy sent me an email simply reading " I sold the bike *******! Im the last guy to ask a question on the ad. The one where I told him it was bad form and a shady ad for trying to sell this bike as "street legal" by simply giving an illegal Ca.tag with it?? He just rubbed me the wrong way with his response to the first guy to ask if it were street legal or not? So we had a couple of not so nice emails back & forth between us and then he HAD to let me know that he had sold the bike!! So I told him congrats on his sale and to take the money and go buy himself a life with it!! I cant believe the guy actually thought it was ok to advertise the bike as "street legal" & "plated' when it was not and to even offer to give a Ca. plate he had found with the motorcycle seemed really stupied in my book! Is that illegal to sell lost License plates for someone to use on a vehicle elsewhere?

• gearloos

Posted November 14, 2007 - 06:12 AM

"On Nov-12-07 at 15:18:15 PST, seller added the following information:

Just to make sure we are all clear, the non-valid but authentic CA plate will be provided with the bike."
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yuppers thats a scam and a half. Glad you reported him.

• Coolidge

Posted November 14, 2007 - 09:52 AM

.....now relisted

http://cgi.ebay.com/...em=280173489714

• Krannie McKranface

Posted November 14, 2007 - 05:16 PM

Holy Crap! I didn't notice it before but this is the California Dual Sports kit guy!
This is the guy I fought with for months to get the correct kit after he sold me the wrong one. Then he flamed me for two pages in his email, which I of course posted here.

WHAT A LOSER

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BBA

Posted November 14, 2007 - 06:06 PM

Holy Crap! I didn't notice it before but this is the California Dual Sports kit guy!
This is the guy I fought with for months to get the correct kit after he sold me the wrong one. Then he flamed me for two pages in his email, which I of course posted here.

WHAT A LOSER

Yeah he seemed like he really had to get things off of his chest in his email. Does this guy own a DS company so we can post a word of caution about his antics? Im a true believer in Karma and what comes around goes around and people like him always get theirs in the end!

• Krannie McKranface

Posted November 14, 2007 - 07:26 PM

Yeah he seemed like he really had to get things off of his chest in his email. Does this guy own a DS company so we can post a word of caution about his antics? Im a true believer in Karma and what comes around goes around and people like him always get theirs in the end!

The CRFR and X forums are really familiar with his business practices, and have flamed him out of that forum forever!

• jetfuel

Posted November 14, 2007 - 08:32 PM

Slightly off topic but did you guys notice this 650R ad on ebay .. http://cgi.ebay.com/...1QQcmdZViewItem

• exaresix

Posted November 14, 2007 - 08:49 PM

Stroked and overbored?

• GlobalWarmer

Posted November 14, 2007 - 10:14 PM

Slightly off topic but did you guys notice this 650R ad on ebay .. http://cgi.ebay.com/...1QQcmdZViewItem

I'd pay $3300 to ride that into the ground. Over and over and over.....

• Krannie McKranface

Posted November 14, 2007 - 10:37 PM

Ooooh, you learn something new everyday: that ad says uncorking gives you 60hp. Gosh, a cam must give you 100........

• sploogemonkey

Posted November 15, 2007 - 04:15 AM

I was checking out the photos.

I gotta admit that I love those dual headlights. :thumbsup:

• BBA

Posted November 15, 2007 - 05:18 AM

Yeah it looks to have an OVERSIZED topend job installed? What bore is that you think? Hate to sound like the XR police but a word of caution on another XR650R that is posted up on ebay. It's the supermotard one out of Red Bluff, Ca forsale for $6K. I inquired about this bike a few months ago off of Cycletrader.com when it was advertised for quick sell at $2500. I tried the stated number in the ad and it was bogus, and then emailed the guy where he told me he was on an "Offshore" drilling rig and had left the bike with shippers!! I knew right then the scam that was coming with this one so I informed the fraud dept at Cycletrader and in the next week the ad had a different number (which actually was legit but went to automated voice mail) and the price had changed to $5500. I tried to contact seller twice and never got a response. It's the same pic's and location and I found this exact same bike again on another cycle selling website where the placed ad date was March? That bike sure gets around alot for not going anywhere!:thumbsup:

• sploogemonkey

Posted November 15, 2007 - 06:43 AM

Yeah it looks to have an OVERSIZED topend job installed? What bore is that you think?

My guess is that them are definitely aftermarket bolt -ons.

But you know what they say..............there's no substitute for a big block.

Go big or go home!:thumbsup:

• dmvmechanics

Posted November 15, 2007 - 05:17 PM

whats up with CA, why is it so hard to find a plated CA bike. can you go to a state with a smaller pole up it's a$$ and title it there then transfer it? my 650r motard is plated, and it wasn't a big deal. in AK or TN.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.