08 yz450 exhaust.. wich one

44 replies to this topic
  • grayracer513

Posted November 21, 2007 - 09:18 AM

Sorry about that Gray - I'll try not to let that happen again. Thanks DPW.

No biggie. :ride: :thumbsup:

• Ga426owner

Posted November 21, 2007 - 09:29 AM

I am curious why Yami would drop WB. Do you think it was contract renegotiation time or other issues?
possibly a refusal by WB to make a race only shorty pipe?
interesting choice for Yami to choose a Euro pipe company....maybe the FIM Team Yamaha/ Renaldi folks were getting great testing results from this company

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • todds924

Posted November 21, 2007 - 06:24 PM

I am curious why Yami would drop WB. Do you think it was contract renegotiation time or other issues?
possibly a refusal by WB to make a race only shorty pipe?
interesting choice for Yami to choose a Euro pipe company....maybe the FIM Team Yamaha/ Renaldi folks were getting great testing results from this company

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Lots more of it. I have used Akrapovic exhaust on my roadracing bikes and the quality is second to none. They are very nice pipes. I havent used or ridden any motocross bikes with them though.

• DPW

Posted November 21, 2007 - 06:42 PM

Looks like the Factory Yamaha race team also switched sprockets too, no more AFAM looks like Vortex now..

• rickallen124

Posted November 21, 2007 - 08:55 PM

I'm sure it's all about the $. Did you notice the yamaha superbike was running akrapovic. Maybe akrapovic wanted the whole team like Yosh did with honda- both street and offroad. It could also be that WB doesn't want to spend the money. From what I hear street bike sales haven't slowed while the off-road mx market is really slow. This would hurt companies like WB, fmf, pro-circuit more than yosh, jardine and akrapovic which sell alot of exhausts for sport bikes.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.