XR650L fat bar tripple clamps?

18 replies to this topic
  • Norge

Posted November 12, 2007 - 08:56 PM

Does anyone sell/make XR650L fat bar tripples with tall bar mounts over the fork tubes? I have searched many hours with no luck. I have bought these for my XR400, but no luck for the 650L. Hate to settle on 7/8 risers or Rox Risers, would rather do this the right way.

• Brtp4

Posted November 12, 2007 - 10:51 PM

Scotts and GPR.

• absynth01

Posted November 13, 2007 - 06:31 AM

Does anyone sell/make XR650L fat bar tripples with tall bar mounts over the fork tubes? I have searched many hours with no luck. I have bought these for my XR400, but no luck for the 650L. Hate to settle on 7/8 risers or Rox Risers, would rather do this the right way.

I'm working on the same thing. Why not ROX? The antivibe look somewhat acceptable as we have limited parts. It is billet, and as strong as anyone can make it, unless steel. I'm looking at the 7/8's to 1 1/8 adapter anti vibe, but haven't had much feedback. My dealer does not even deal with Rox. I ordered them anyhow, and will abuse them next year. My worry is the rise and design will be subject to stress in a hard wipe-out. That will be the weak link in the system. You almost have to buy a scotts damper. That's next!!

• Norge

Posted November 13, 2007 - 08:34 AM

I just don't like the idea of a second set of clamps and an additional point of failure. Really like the applied tripples on the 400. It's just a great fit with tall bar mounts and forward over the tubes. Would like to repeat this if at all possible.

• COAL RUN

Posted November 13, 2007 - 09:13 AM

Have you looked at the RSW setup? The bar mounts bolt onto the tripple clamp, so it,s not one piece. here is a link.
http://www.rswracing.com/xr650l.htm

• Norge

Posted November 13, 2007 - 11:04 AM

Thanks COAL RUN! I called and got his voice mail, hopefully he will call back. Judging by the pics, by rotating the bar mounts you can have the bar over the forks or behind the forks, I want to verify this. With 3" fat bar mounts, this should be a solution.

Just talked to owner of RSW, These tripples and bar mounts are better than pics show. More surface area contact with bar mounts to tripples. They can be mounted to place the bars over the fork tubes. Machine work for the keyed switch has improved also. RSW also convinced me that his fork brace was better than SRC, so I bought one of those also.

• Denn10

Posted November 13, 2007 - 03:28 PM

they do seem to have good stuff guy knows how to do machine work

• FZ1426

Posted November 13, 2007 - 03:36 PM

BRP racing

• COAL RUN

Posted November 14, 2007 - 05:10 AM

Let us know how everything goes together, It looks like quility stuff at a reasonable price. :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • breweryrat

Posted November 15, 2007 - 09:07 AM

I just got a triple and the 3" risers in the mail from Ron at RSW. This thing is BEEFY!

• Rugged

Posted November 15, 2007 - 01:08 PM

I just got a triple and the 3" risers in the mail from Ron at RSW. This thing is BEEFY!

pics?

• donnyh

Posted November 16, 2007 - 04:33 PM

pics?

I can help with pics, these are the 3" risers, beefy is right.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• absynth01

Posted November 16, 2007 - 07:57 PM

Premium...enough said!!!!

• Norge

Posted November 24, 2007 - 08:51 PM

Let us know how everything goes together, It looks like quility stuff at a reasonable price. :thumbsup:

This tripple is beefy and is well made. Ignition switch mounts easy. The bar mounts do not have any more surface contact as described by RSW. The bar mounts could stand to be a little beefier like the tripples. I used the 2" risers, 3" seemed too high.

Posted Image

• INYOxrl

Posted November 24, 2007 - 09:12 PM

WOW..!!! This is exactly what I've been looking for! Looks like quality stuff.

• breweryrat

Posted November 25, 2007 - 10:09 AM

The 3" risers are very stout compared to the 2". But I had the 2" on my DR and they took a beating just fine.

I installed my triple with ZERO issues so Ron must have taken care of any fittment problems. Nothing rubs and I didn't have to grind anything down at all. Plug and play!

• jbird710

Posted November 25, 2007 - 04:52 PM

I installed the RSW clamp with the standard risers a while back and have had no issues with it. Their fork brace works great also.

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Blownaway

Posted March 14, 2008 - 01:08 PM

Has anyone mounted the Three inchers yet? Will they withstand heavy XRR :thumbsup: abuse??

• evomx971

Posted March 14, 2008 - 01:48 PM

I've used RSW stuff on my XRL and my TTR's and have been really happy with the stuff for the price. I have a hybrid setup on my XRL where I'm using the RSW triple with Scott's bar clamps so I can run a Scott's damper and oversize bars in a forward position. See a pic in my garage.

Related Content

Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  132 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.