Change the counter sprocket or rear sprocket?

1 reply to this topic
  • levy1

Posted March 27, 2002 - 03:10 PM

I am looking to lower my gearing. What is the difference between going down to a 13-tooth counter sprocket or up to a 52-tooth rear sprocket? With the smaller counter sprocket will the engine rev higher or faster? It would seem the counter sprocket might be the better way. I will lengthen or shorten the chain depending on which way to go so the wheel stays in the same place.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Eagle426

Posted March 27, 2002 - 04:17 PM

I could be wrong, "I was wrong ONCE before"- terrible feeling! Anyway, I believe that 1 tooth on the counter sprocket is equivalent to 6 teeth on the rear!

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.