Did I just get the ultimate hookup?

11 replies to this topic
  • AaronBrown

Posted November 11, 2007 - 07:20 PM

Little over a week ago I was browsing the motorcycle section of Craig's list and came across an add for a skid plate for my 650L for $25.00.I emailed the poster and told him I wanted it. He lived a bit farther than I wanted to drive so we arranged to meet up close to half way between us. Plate looked great so of course I bought it. We talked bikes for a bit and he said he had some more parts left over and asked would I be interested in those as well. I said I most likely would. Well me sent me an email with pics of his stuff and said he wanted $40.00 for it. I bought the lot of it today.
I got:
Pulse coil retainer
Acerbis frame guards
Acerbis fork-brake guards
3 K&N air filters...one new in the box
K&N filter oil
Chain wax
2 brand new set of grips.....one OEM one Renthal
Honda bran oil filter and o-ring
and lots more misc stuff
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

• AaronBrown

Posted November 11, 2007 - 07:21 PM

This how my bike looks now
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

• AaronBrown

Posted November 11, 2007 - 07:22 PM

Skid plate plus all the other stuff cost me $65.00.

• xr650l bum

Posted November 11, 2007 - 07:23 PM

You did OK, but not the ultimate hook up. I would still take winning the lottery!

• xr650l bum

Posted November 11, 2007 - 07:24 PM

I would take a drill bit to the skid plate and make lots of little holes to vent it.

• AaronBrown

Posted November 11, 2007 - 07:26 PM

You did OK, but not the ultimate hook up. I would still take winning the lottery!

Well i thought it was a good deal.
Pulse coil retainer cost $60.00 new so the rest of the stuff was free I guess.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • martinfan30

Posted November 11, 2007 - 08:09 PM

nice deal! although take that K@N and throw it in the trash...

buy a uni foam filter. the K&N filters let way too much fine particulate through.

• xr650l bum

Posted November 11, 2007 - 08:15 PM

buy a uni foam filter. the K&N filters let way too much fine particulate through.

Sell it. Lots of street tards prefer them!

• AaronBrown

Posted November 11, 2007 - 09:06 PM

I got three of them in the deal. Ebay I guess?

• martinfan30

Posted November 11, 2007 - 10:52 PM

I got three of them in the deal. Ebay I guess?

ya make a couple $$$ on those filters ebay style.

unless you are running a race engine and rebuilding every race, K&N is not the right choice. too much particulate get through.

• Redlines

Posted November 12, 2007 - 02:42 AM

I heard Scott Summers would always run K&N's because no matter how dirty they were they would still allow air to get threw along with dirt but all that mattered was finishing the race and then rebuild it after wards. I bet Jeff Quad shop would no if its true or not?

• sploogemonkey

Posted November 12, 2007 - 04:40 AM

unless you are running a race engine and rebuilding every race, K&N is not the right choice. too much particulate get through.

Martinfan30 definitely has it right.

If you plan on riding any dirt in your future, ditch the K&N.

If you only plan on street, then it will be okay, as long as you make damn sure it seals tightly on the base. Also make sure it is properly oiled and maybe even get a wrap for it. Don't trust a filter that requires a gasket, if it sealed properly, it shouldn't need a gasket. The supplied gasket is adhesive, how much you wanna bet that once the adhesive backing wears away the gasket will slip. Where's your air-tight seal then?

K&N's breathe exceptionally well, too well. The price you pay for that less restrictive breathing is diminished fine particulate filtration.

Don't believe the hype.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  171 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.