need help deciding on offset triple clamps, need help asap! thanks!

27 replies to this topic
  • duzz10

Posted November 13, 2007 - 02:41 PM

I have my forks on the line, not the top stanction, and my sag is set 95-102mm depending on the track - 98-100mm is avg. Bike turns awesome. but my rebound/comp are set up for me with a revalve and this is pretty aggressive. If you are on stock springs/valving try STN settings first then increase or decrease rebound 1-3 settings to see if this fixes your problem. The Tall seat really helps me also:thumbsup:
You must experiment to tune it for your ability.

Dito....

• wes782

Posted November 13, 2007 - 03:22 PM

well i just got a used pair for $200 i hope they work as good as everyone says they do!

• Ga426owner

Posted November 13, 2007 - 04:08 PM

well i just got a used pair for $200 i hope they work as good as everyone says they do!

you got a deal!
but you still have to tune your suspension and clickers and sag....to make the clamps work well. :thumbsup:

• wes782

Posted November 13, 2007 - 04:20 PM

you got a deal!
but you still have to tune your suspension and clickers and sag....to make the clamps work well. :thumbsup:

yup, ill have to have a little meeting with my suspension guy soon.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TMAC25

Posted November 13, 2007 - 05:45 PM

Stock is best IMO, I had 22 rg3's sold them as I prefer stock.

• Slinkyman16

Posted November 13, 2007 - 05:58 PM

The bike really responds well to rider placement. I found that if i sit back just a tad the bike really turns for me.. i also do most of my turning with the rear tire, so the stockers really feel good to me..

none the less congrats on the new clamps by the way.. great deal.

• steve_97060

Posted November 13, 2007 - 06:57 PM

Stock is best IMO, I had 22 rg3's sold them as I prefer stock.

what didn't you like about the 22's? I was thinking about picking up the 22.5's from ProTaper since I can get them for a reasonable price..

• almostinvincible119

Posted November 14, 2007 - 07:20 AM

what didn't you like about the 22's? I was thinking about picking up the 22.5's from ProTaper since I can get them for a reasonable price..

the pro tapers seem like a really good buy. but since they have started to produce cheaper bars, i wonder what the clamps are like. all in all, i think they may be a solid set. but what happens if you dont like the 22.5 and think the 24s help better? im seriously leaning towards the e-axle so i can adjust the offset, or the red baron clamps...so once agian, i have an option to adjust the offset. i just cant see myself droppin serious coin on a set of clamps that i dont like.

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.