Rox antivibe pivoting riser

8 replies to this topic
  • absynth01

Posted November 11, 2007 - 07:47 AM

Anyone using these risers on an XR650L with a IMS or Clarke tank? I've read that some models with big tanks will interfere with the risers. It looks like the bolts from the bottom of the mount are the problem. This product would be perfect for my bike as I want the bars about 2" higher anyway, add the antivibe and fully adjustable...I'm sold. Top these with fat bars or the such and I'd be good. Next step will be a Scott stabilizer. I really didn't want this XRL at first, but it's built and is close to an uncorked 650R. Bonus the "button". So this winter I'll be building this to my specs. Next year I'll run it into the ground and see if it will suffice.

Anyone else have any other "must have" add ons I'm missing other than the FCR????
Posted Image

Posted Image

• martinfan30

Posted November 11, 2007 - 12:11 PM

from that pic i'd say you're ok.

i dont have a big tank but i love my standard 2" pivoting risers. especially for the forward adjustment.

hi comp piston? porting?

• absynth01

Posted November 11, 2007 - 12:23 PM

from that pic i'd say you're ok.

i dont have a big tank but i love my standard 2" pivoting risers. especially for the forward adjustment.

hi comp piston? porting?

Yep both, Big Gun, XR's only carb work, rod kit. Noticed today the Ims tank does hit an extra control on my 600R, so it probably won't work on that. The Clarke tank on the L is shaped different and MIGHT work but it will be close. I'll have to call Rox and check, or just order and return it. I have been told before things will fit and they don't:rant:

• xr650l bum

Posted November 11, 2007 - 06:09 PM

I run the anti vibe. I have an IMS tank. I did not try the anti vibe's by themselves. I had already been using 1 inch block risers. I kept the block risers and installed the antivibe. This eliminated any clearance issues!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • absynth01

Posted November 11, 2007 - 06:34 PM

I run the anti vibe. I have an IMS tank. I did not try the anti vibe's by themselves. I had already been using 1 inch block risers. I kept the block risers and installed the antivibe. This eliminated any clearance issues!

Good option thanks!! How are the antivibe's working for you!!Big difference??

• xr650l bum

Posted November 11, 2007 - 07:16 PM

I like them alot. There is an incredible amount of adjustability. Not only in the positioning of the bars, but how much flexability desired out of the anti vibe.

• husky123

Posted November 12, 2007 - 04:15 AM

And we've confirmed no cable shortage with the Rox 2 inch risers on the XRL's right? I hope so I ordered some the other day but with my cables it seems like it's going to be close. Did anyone have to re-route? Hijack off.

• absynth01

Posted November 13, 2007 - 05:43 AM

I like them alot. There is an incredible amount of adjustability. Not only in the positioning of the bars, but how much flexability desired out of the anti vibe.

You had me thinking and started milling up some new risers for the triple clamp. I have them 3" and will accomadate to my liking once my Rox's arrive. Thanks!

• nella

Posted April 30, 2011 - 08:57 AM

Sorry to revive this old thread, but will Rox anti-vibe risers work with a Clarke 4 or 4.7 on an XR650l?

Related Content

Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.