YZ 426 fuel inlet leaking at carb-need o ring

7 replies to this topic
  • zgreen

Posted November 10, 2007 - 03:52 PM

I have searched the site and cant find my answer so please forgive me if I missed it. I need to find/buy the o rings to seal the fuel inlet where it goes into the carb and am having trouble. Just in case the "fuel inlet" isn’t the correct term or further description is needed, the fuel line comes from the petcock and goes to the fuel inlet located on the left side of the carb. The fuel inlet is L shaped with the fuel line coming in at the top and the other end going into the carb. There are 3 o rings that seal it to keep it from leaking gas between it and the carb. My local bike parts stores are....well you know. Anyway they can’t even get them. The o rings are kind of oddball with the inner and outer circumference being flat, so they may not actually be "O" rings. I checked the manual and found them shown in a diagram, but there are no part numbers or other useful info to help solve the problem. I tried experimenting with o rings from the local auto and hardware stores and I can’t find the right size. Has anyone fought this problem or able to point me in the right direction? Where am I gonna find these stupid things? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

• grayracer513

Posted November 10, 2007 - 04:46 PM

try Sudco

• PATHPOUNDER

Posted June 27, 2009 - 12:41 PM

sudco has a 25 .00 minimum...which I paid last week for some other o rings...anybody have a yamaha part # for these o rings...??

• grayracer513

Posted June 27, 2009 - 10:16 PM

Try these (calls for 3 of them):

3TJ-14564-40-00

These are listed for the '06, which has an identical looking fitting at the carb.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • PATHPOUNDER

Posted June 28, 2009 - 11:51 AM

3TJ-14564-40-00

These are listed for the '06, which has an identical looking fitting at the carb.

Thanx...on the sudco mcrofiche for the fcr mx carb..it says those rings are the same for all carbs...Ill order some and see if they work out..

• GCannon

Posted June 29, 2009 - 03:32 PM

I had this same problem I could not buy the rings from Yamaha.

I bought the full oring/gasket kit from honda for a 450 crf I for like 22-24 dollars
I saved the other gaskets for later

• grayracer513

Posted June 29, 2009 - 03:39 PM

I had this same problem I could not buy the rings from Yamaha.

I bought the full oring/gasket kit from honda for a 450 crf I for like 22-24 dollars
I saved the other gaskets for later

It turns out that the 3TJ-14564-40-00 O-ring does if fact fit the older carb inlet, so now you can get them from Yamaha separately.

• PATHPOUNDER

Posted July 23, 2009 - 04:26 PM

3TJ-14564-40-00

Yes they worked for me on an 01 426...Remember to order 3 ...

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.