Noob help - where is the spark plug?

4 replies to this topic
  • Superwilly

Posted November 10, 2007 - 03:51 PM

Ok, most of you will think this is the stupidest question ever, but I can't find the spark plug on my WR426!!! I have the tank off, what now?

I've scoured my manual AND my Clymer, and NOWHERE do they point out the location of the plug, and tell you how to remove it. Any mention of the spark plug starts with, "Remove teh plug, and then blah blah blah".

So, I'm obviously too stupid to be owning this bike, but can someone help me out?

• drtbk4ever

Posted November 10, 2007 - 04:11 PM

Top of the cylinder.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • husqvarnarider

Posted November 10, 2007 - 04:34 PM

Yeah, right side of frame tube, below throttle cables. You have to pull the plug boot off, then the plug is waaaaay down in there!LOL

• WR_Dave

Posted November 12, 2007 - 05:48 AM

If the plug has been in there for a while I suggest getting an air nozzle and blowing some pressurized air up into the little hole on the right side of the cylinder head after you remove the plug wire boot. Any water, dirt or debris that is in there will fall into your cylinder if you don't perform this step. The plugs are a bit of a pain especially if you don't have the Yamaha plug socket. WR Dave.

• byggd

Posted November 12, 2007 - 09:51 AM

The plugs are a bit of a pain especially if you don't have the Yamaha plug socket.

They sure can be. If you don't have the Yamaha SST do yourself a favor and get a 5/8 spark plug socket with a built in universal and a 10" extension.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.