Wrecked bad today have a question?

14 replies to this topic
  • matts06yzf

Posted November 10, 2007 - 03:21 PM

I wrecked real bad today I am all busted up I cant walk at all my back is killing me I think my thumb is broke, and I am rashed to hell. I havent been to dr because I got ran over other week and got 30 stitches and 12 staples I still have all that in and dont wanna go back:bonk: I cant walk though i think I pulled everything in them. Anyways My front brake is crazy feeling you have to pull it along way now for anything to happen its like this after I wrecked what will cause that????

• Dirtbiker05

Posted November 10, 2007 - 04:36 PM

OUCH!! hope your feeling better soon. i had an accident there monday except it was on my old trike. to make a long story short i have a fractured bone in my hand (not sure what its called) and all of the muscles in my hand pulled. i find this bad so i cant imagine what your going through. my accident too was my fault, going in a bi-road 50-55 with no light in the dark and t-boned my buddy who was on a four wheeler. it was like hitting a wall and i held on for the ride (even though i blacked out on impact :thumbsup:) so your not alone.

as for the front brake, did u try bleeding it? is it leaking anywhere? is everything in place as it should be? just some things to check out when you get better. get better soon bud.

• grayracer513

Posted November 10, 2007 - 04:50 PM

Pull the brake while you're not moving. It will likely feel just like it did, with a long pull to contact. Then pull it again. Same, or better?

And go to the doctor.

• todds924

Posted November 10, 2007 - 05:05 PM

I wrecked real bad today I am all busted up I cant walk at all my back is killing me I think my thumb is broke, and I am rashed to hell. It was my fault doing a heel clicker didnt get feet down in time and boom basically landed a 50 ft double in 3rd with my legs hitting ground 1st. I havent been to dr because I got ran over in a race other week and got 30 stitches and 12 staples I still have all that in and dont wanna go back:bonk: I cant walk though i think I pulled everything in them. Anyways My fron brake is crazy feeling you have to pull it along way now for anything to happen its like this after I wrecked what will cause that????

Damn Matt, That totally sucks. Why the hell you doing heel clickers for. Leave that for the youngsters. Just go out and race every weekend. As for your front brake, I believe you possibly have a bent rotor. PM me, I got a few spares.

• nap__kxf

Posted November 10, 2007 - 05:11 PM

you could have cracked the resivoir, check that, and check to see if there is still oil in there, then if thats fine, bleed the brakes, and if that doesn't work. then idk

• aford541

Posted November 10, 2007 - 07:23 PM

Ummmm sorry but you bent the brake rotor

I wrecked real bad today I am all busted up I cant walk at all my back is killing me I think my thumb is broke, and I am rashed to hell. It was my fault doing a heel clicker didnt get feet down in time and boom basically landed a 50 ft double in 3rd with my legs hitting ground 1st. I havent been to dr because I got ran over in a race other week and got 30 stitches and 12 staples I still have all that in and dont wanna go back:bonk: I cant walk though i think I pulled everything in them. Anyways My fron brake is crazy feeling you have to pull it along way now for anything to happen its like this after I wrecked what will cause that????

• nap__kxf

Posted November 10, 2007 - 07:42 PM

but if he bent the rotor wouldn't the tire jam and not be able to roll in a complete rotation? or is there enough play in the pads for it to not do that...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted November 10, 2007 - 07:57 PM

if he bent the rotor wouldn't the tire jam and not be able to roll in a complete rotation? or is there enough play in the pads for it to not do that..

The pads will drift back away from the rotor quite a ways. In fact, to make the wheel easier to remount, I usually push the "live" pad back by prying them apart with a screwdriver. Be sur to pump it back down before riding.

This was why I asked the question I did. If the brake feels fairly normal on the second or third pull and keeps feeling that way as long as you don't turn the wheel, it pretty much indicates a bent rotor.

You squeeze the brake and press the pads against the rotor. the drag they put on the rotor with no pressure on them in normal circumstances is negligible, so there is no mechanism to return the pads. If the rotor is straight, the pad driven by the piston moves back very little, if at all. But if the rotor is bent, it pushes back the piston until it has enough room to rotate without sliding the caliper on its pins, which is harder to do. Then you have a long draw to contact, or you may even have to pump the lever to get the brake to work.

• Ga426owner

Posted November 11, 2007 - 07:21 AM

Matt forget the bike right now and get your butt to the doctor....you are in need of heeling time.

• scalejockey

Posted November 11, 2007 - 07:27 AM

A lot of people can't hardly ride today because of injuries they ignored in the past.

• Wiz636

Posted November 11, 2007 - 08:51 AM

A lot of people can't hardly ride today because of injuries they ignored in the past.

Yes, that is very true. Get it looked at so you will still be able to rail in the Old Timers class when the time comes.

• zaxcar1

Posted November 11, 2007 - 08:55 AM

i just had a crash too. chasing my buddy too close and when he moved left i hit tree. no broken bones, but my leg and shoulder looks like a road map. and the worst part, bent my brake line and its got a leak. so look for them to. it could be a small one.

• sirthumpalot

Posted November 11, 2007 - 10:04 AM

Go to the doctor. You mentioned a hurt thumb; if you broke your scaphoid bone (in your wrist but related to your thumb) then you need to get that fixed ASAP. If a broken scaphoid bone doesn't heal right then you're going to have a hard time riding, and it's a problem bone to fix sometimes especially if you wait. I broke mine by hyper extending my thumb and it was frighting until it was healed.

In regards to the brake, my guess are either you got some air in there or you bent your rotor.

• matts06yzf

Posted November 11, 2007 - 11:19 AM

these brakes are pissing me off whats the best way to bleed them all the way out its not the rotor i put a new wheel and rotor on and it does the same thing.

• quicksilver

Posted November 11, 2007 - 11:29 AM

You may have no idea how true that is. I have really no knee left (I'm 52) due to a lay-down when I was in my 20's. But I thought it's no big deal - so I let it go. I really wish I would have listened.However I thought that if I made a big deal out of it, it would have been a big deal. By ignoring it I hoped it would just fade.....

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.