wiring indicators up

3 replies to this topic
  • char34

Posted November 10, 2007 - 06:13 AM

ok chaps, i have a 04 wr450 uk model, when i bought the bike it only had the front indicators , so to pass a full mot i have put some rear indicators on , i found the right plug on the loom, wired the 4 wires to the plug (2 for each indicator). when the bike is not running i try the indicators and they work fine, when i start the bike the front left 1 stays on all the time , the right hand side 1 works fine , any ideas, cheers:crazy: :thumbsup:

• Thumper_Bloke

Posted November 11, 2007 - 08:44 PM

i found the right plug on the loom

Is this factory wiring to the turn signals? I can't find this in the yamaha multi-language service manual. The factory service manual has got a wiring diagram, and no provisions in the schematic for turn signals.

This is how i run my wiring on my 2004 US model. This works running, or not running.

I suppose your relay could be suspect?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • chambers

Posted November 13, 2007 - 02:08 PM

Surely you dont need indicators for a full UK MOT matey, mine only has front and rear lights and I have a full UK MOT (WR400 02)

• dozerdoug

Posted February 24, 2008 - 02:46 PM

I have a similar problem. I have a 98 xr400. The right side indicators work fine but the left side dosn't flash. They just stay on. I tried a spare flasher. Did you find out what your problem was char34?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.