chang from choke to idle possition problem

1 reply to this topic
  • tshe1

Posted November 10, 2007 - 02:22 AM

Did search the forum but didn't find exactly.

Bike was standing for 3 monthes, today try to start it, but before did some things: replace the spurk plug and check for spark- Ok, replace the fuel to fresh one, clean the air.
After a lot of kicks the bike started, wait to warm it (with the choke), closed the choke and the bike stalled.
I got to possition that to run it idle without choke i opened the idle screw 5-6 more turns, but with choke running it was too much and have to close it.
I know that for some of you the problem is familiar so i have some questions:
1. What happends there?
2. What i need to do to fix it (i do have the manual book)?
3. Can it be fix without removing the carburator?

Thanks a lot to all helpers.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tmckeown

Posted November 10, 2007 - 05:43 AM

Hi,

Start by cleaning all jets. you don't need to take carburator out just loosen all clamps and bend it so that floatbowl is facing out.

Timo McKeown

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.