whats the best exaust for adding more power to a 2007 yz450

37 replies to this topic
  • Justin89

Posted December 15, 2007 - 04:37 PM

What does anyone know about the factory 4.1 titanium from FMF? Power bomb or mega bomb make any difference? Are people happy with slip ons or do you need to spend the money for the full system? (for the 07yz450f)

I have the TI FMF Powerbomb with factory 4.1 system and I love it. It makes the bike have way more grunty, bottom end power and sounds awesome. I am looking to get the megabomb if I can find one on ebay. In one of last months magazines (I think MXA but not sure) they test rode the 2008 yz450f and added the megabomb/4.1 system and said it really helped. So I would figure on the 07, which dosent have a bottom end problem (from what I have read on here) the system would do wonders...good luck!

• Family Man

Posted January 13, 2008 - 05:11 PM

Im going to purchase a white bros aluminum pro II. what are the main differences over the erformance of the stock system?

• salasmauricio

Posted January 13, 2008 - 05:59 PM

I love my Pro Circuit T4 on my 08

• Dveitch8

Posted January 13, 2008 - 08:09 PM

I also have the 4.1 with the megabomb and I love it, sounds good and I felt a huge low end improvement. Also get a lot of compliments on the looks. Their a little pricey though I've seen the full system for as much as 1000$ but they usually have something quite a bit cheaper on ebay. Good luck

• dbehr624

Posted January 13, 2008 - 08:48 PM

I have to say I am really happy with the GYTR full race system. Has more power, but still nice and controllable.

• Stripes123

Posted January 14, 2008 - 07:38 AM

As usual everyone has an opinion but no dyno results to support it.

• Family Man

Posted January 14, 2008 - 09:45 AM

by the size of the stock exhausts exit hole I reckin that an aftermaket would open the bike up alot.

• Twig323

Posted January 14, 2008 - 12:07 PM

i didnt read any of the replies but my choice would be a Dr.D Stainless i dont think you can find a pipe that good for the price

• MTX

Posted January 14, 2008 - 07:14 PM

hows the pro circuit or yoshi exhaust ?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Family Man

Posted January 15, 2008 - 07:09 PM

I installed the white bros aluminum pro, looks rad so far. I had to use 2 washers beetween the exhaust and the frame by the rear brake to allow for the kick starter to not hit the pipe. are there other tricks so that it doesnt touch?

• Family Man

Posted January 16, 2008 - 01:39 PM

What is the jetting with the white bros pro at sea level on a 2007 yz 450. the instruction say that stock jetting is best for a 2006 yz 450 but it doesnt say for 2007. is the jetting the same on both models?

• Family Man

Posted January 16, 2008 - 06:08 PM

WOW WOW WOW I went for a ride today with the stock jetting. this pipe rips. Awsome. uncorked my bike big time.:busted:
:applause: revs and revs lots of low end. :cool: yahoo!!!

• warrior04

Posted January 16, 2008 - 08:15 PM

hows the pro circuit or yoshi exhaust ?

i had the yoshi rs-2 for my 07 and i wasnt really all that impressed. I didnt think it did a whole lot at all power wise plus it was kinda bulky looking. So i sold it and went with the fmf 4.1 slip on. Its an awesome pipe even with just the slip on you can feel a difference plus its shorter and sleeker.

• rickallen124

Posted January 16, 2008 - 08:22 PM

was that an rs-2 comp slip on? I've had really good luck with the RS-2 pro full series.

• k0ncept

Posted January 17, 2008 - 05:42 AM

Best bang for the buck is the MRD System, I asked for Bottom end hit and thats what I got, my 07 450 just rips off the bottom!

I replaced my WB with the MRD...

• Family Man

Posted January 17, 2008 - 09:16 AM

After installing the WB Pro my bike feels awsome, huge improvement. I can see why the factory riders choose them. For aggresive ride styles its amazing. way more hit than the stock.

• Ga426owner

Posted January 17, 2008 - 09:37 AM

I installed the white bros aluminum pro, looks rad so far. I had to use 2 washers beetween the exhaust and the frame by the rear brake to allow for the kick starter to not hit the pipe. are there other tricks so that it doesnt touch?

yes get a concave file and remove some material from the kick starter where the kickstarter hits the pipe. Works like a charm :cool:

• srfdwg2

Posted January 17, 2008 - 01:19 PM

Get the white brothers carbon pro that pipe rips azz.I had my pipe on for just bling and some performance. I did not realize how much power that thing put out.I went back to the stocker,call me a wuss the 450 is plenty for me stock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Related Content

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.