whats the best exaust for adding more power to a 2007 yz450

37 replies to this topic
  • Family Man

Posted November 09, 2007 - 09:35 PM

whats the best exhaust for adding more power to a 2007 yz450 : Im not interested in adding more maintenance, so probley no carbon fiber, dont want to have to repack all the time: :thumbsup:
maybee mrd dr d or white bros

• rickallen124

Posted November 09, 2007 - 09:48 PM

Dr.D stainless steel system is a great pipe for the money. I think everyone here likes them. WB aluminum pro is also a great pipe and I think they run about the same price. If money isn't an issue than the titanium versions of each of those systems are great and weigh a little less.

• albertaguy

Posted November 10, 2007 - 07:44 AM

What does anyone know about the factory 4.1 titanium from FMF? Power bomb or mega bomb make any difference? Are people happy with slip ons or do you need to spend the money for the full system? (for the 07yz450f)

• nap__kxf

Posted November 10, 2007 - 05:14 PM

make sure you don't get the pro circuit t-4..my dad is trying to get rid of his after one ride. and my dr. d stainless is on its way home right now, and i'm going riding next weekend so i'll try to give you a review.

and i'm sure grayracer will vouch for the quality and performance of the dr. d.

• todds924

Posted November 10, 2007 - 05:23 PM

make sure you don't get the pro circuit t-4..my dad is trying to get rid of his after one ride. and my dr. d stainless is on its way home right now, and i'm going riding next weekend so i'll try to give you a review.

and i'm sure grayracer will vouch for the quality and performance of the dr. d.

Whats wrong with the Pro circuit? I'm running a TI-4 on my 08 and love it. I also run a Dr.D on my 06 and love it. For the money however, I would go with a DR D stainless/aluminum. One of the most durable pipes there is. I got my pro Circuit for 200 Bucks...Full TI!!!!!!!!

• nap__kxf

Posted November 10, 2007 - 05:46 PM

well my dad had it on his 06 and it changed the power somehow and he was playing with the fuel screw trying to fix it one way or another but nothing helped, his bike was bogging on hills that normally it'll scream right up.

• todds924

Posted November 10, 2007 - 05:57 PM

well my dad had it on his 06 and it changed the power somehow and he was playing with the fuel screw trying to fix it one way or another but nothing helped, his bike was bogging on hills that normally it'll scream right up.

He needed to change the jetting quite a bit if he was using it on an 06. As a matter of fact, if i remember pro circuits recommended jetting for that year, every jet in the carburetor needed to be changed. 170 main/50 pilot and a smaller number <BIGGER> leak jet....stock needle with the clip dropped to the 5 th posistion. No wonder it didn't work out.

• nap__kxf

Posted November 10, 2007 - 07:16 PM

oh haha. well he ordered the dr. d but thanks anyways

• aford541

Posted November 10, 2007 - 07:21 PM

Dr. D and its quiet also.

• nap__kxf

Posted November 10, 2007 - 09:08 PM

Dr. D and its quiet also.

its quiet with the quiet insert, i just put my new stainless dr. d with the spark arrestor on my 07 and it was so loud i could barely hear myself talk in the garage, i hear with the quiet insert it lowers it down to 94dB with minimal powerloss.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted November 10, 2007 - 10:03 PM

In the garage, it would be.

DRD pipes run at or below 99db when the packing's good.

• Bigcr

Posted November 11, 2007 - 09:15 AM

I rode my '07 with the Dr.D full system yesterday (loading up in few minutes to go again) and it works very well. Their customer service is awesome as well.

• TMAC25

Posted November 12, 2007 - 05:48 PM

White brothers carbon pro II is the golden ticket. IMO.

• HMMRDWN

Posted November 12, 2007 - 06:16 PM

I put the Factory 4.1 slip on on my 07 and I noticed a difference. It seems to have a little more grunt right from the bottom to the top and hold the top a little longer. Also sounds alot better than stock.

• 02YZFkid

Posted December 04, 2007 - 06:00 PM

How do you guys feel about just adding the silencer rather then the whole kit? Is most of the power found in the muffler or the head pipe? I like the way the strock pipe looks and its made of TI, so i dont see too much reason to replace it... but I love the looks of a carbon pipe.

If I were to just get the carbon pipe which do you guys like better... the white brothers or the Dr. D? Any ideas where I can get a good deal?

Thanks guys,
Rob

• grayracer513

Posted December 04, 2007 - 10:38 PM

It won't be a Dr.D. They don't make slip-ons for bikes. I doubt you'll find many carbon slip-ons by anyone.

• Family Man

Posted December 13, 2007 - 06:41 PM

Which pipe do you guys think will add the most power, I dont really care about meeting sound levels as I ride mostly on private land. Im thinking white bros aluminum pro, or big gun evo 2. are the gains noticable or are they negligible with an aftermarket exhaust. the stock system seems like there could be more power to be had due to the tinsy exhaust exit hole. :banghead:

• twenty34

Posted December 13, 2007 - 08:27 PM

whats the best exhaust for adding more power to a 2007 yz450 : Im not interested in adding more maintenance, so probley no carbon fiber, dont want to have to repack all the time: :banghead:
maybee mrd dr d or white bros

Dr. D...End of Story.

• SoundChaser

Posted December 14, 2007 - 10:13 AM

Which pipe do you guys think will add the most power, I dont really care about meeting sound levels as I ride mostly on private land.

Have you looked into Thunder Alley pipes ? These used to be all the rage
here on TT years ago. They are loud...really loud, and the reason I think they fell from grace here on this board and in general.

Those pipes really made the 426 lively ! :banghead:

http://www.thunder-alley.net/

• almostinvincible119

Posted December 14, 2007 - 10:24 AM

White brothers carbon pro II is the golden ticket. IMO.

i agree. i have a megabomb/carbon 4.1 system that sucked. dont waste the time.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450FX OR YZ450F by MESSMAKER

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  30 replies
Forums
Photo

05 yz450f not fast enough by RedeyeYZ

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  38 replies
Forums
Photo

Should I buy this bike? help....... by Numsa Hul

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   What bike should I buy?
  • 10 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.