my bike

9 replies to this topic
  • fc501

Posted November 09, 2007 - 08:01 PM

thanks to all the help from this forum.:thumbsup:

http://i214.photobuc...01/DSC00394.jpg
http://i214.photobuc...01/DSC00398.jpg
http://i214.photobuc...01/DSC00405.jpg

I've read the instructions on posting a image and join the photobucket but I wanted to insert the image as a photo, so readers didnt need to click on the link but somehow I can put my bike back together and not insert an image according to the instruction in the photo section of this forum.
Clicking the insert icon above is not letting me see what it says in the photo section.
Any help would be apperciated for the next time around.
Anyway I hope the links work.
thanks

• martinfan30

Posted November 09, 2007 - 08:14 PM

hey i use photobucket too, works well.

just go to your photo album, click the little box under the wanted picture, then go to the bottom of the screen and click the "generate HTML an IMG code" box

then click inside the IMG images for message boards box. it will say "copied".

tehn start a post and paste.... hold CTRL and V. BOOM image pasted!

• fc501

Posted November 09, 2007 - 08:15 PM

If any you readers might remember seeing a photo Glen Bell's 1997 Thumper Nationals XR630 built by Ballards. I thought that was an awesome machine and just wanted a MXer XR600 to ride in Rowerflats here in SoCal. Don't have much time to go anywhere else but want to race around with my brother who has KTM 520. I hope to do well with him!
Bike has 14/47 but will change to 14/48 and the bike came with 68pj/158mj, 2.5 turns on the mixture screw. Plug was dark and with the posts here on the forum I change to a 68s pj/155 mj and see how that work for now.
I change the steering stem bearings and reaeway update some OEM parts and lube linkage and other stuff.
thanks

• martinfan30

Posted November 09, 2007 - 08:22 PM

If any you readers might remember seeing a photo Glen Bell's 1997 Thumper Nationals XR630 built by Ballards. I thought that was an awesome machine and just wanted a MXer XR600 to ride in Rowerflats here in SoCal. Don't have much time to go anywhere else but want to race around with my brother who has KTM 520. I hope to do well with him!
Bike has 14/47 but will change to 14/48 and the bike came with 68pj/158mj, 2.5 turns on the mixture screw. Plug was dark and with the posts here on the forum I change to a 68s pj/155 mj and see how that work for now.
I change the steering stem bearings and reaeway update some OEM parts and lube linkage and other stuff.
thanks

im just guessing, but even for a 630 isnt that pilot too rich? you also may not want to go lower than 158 on the main.

• fc501

Posted November 09, 2007 - 09:50 PM

no my bike is still a 600, the bike for Glen Bell is the 630. thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cleonard

Posted November 09, 2007 - 11:12 PM

thanks

Got some bad news for you. Rowher is going to be closed for at least one year. They just signed the order closing it till 11/8/2008 yesterday. Usually they close an area for 2 years aftter a fire.

68s is a little richer than 68. No really need to change it if the low revs work good.

Take a close look at your choke plate. The little flapper is know to break off and get sucked it. It can do a lot of damage.

• weskc35k

Posted November 10, 2007 - 01:38 AM

Glenn Bell is a bloke i know actually i bought my XR650r from Glen Hoffman Racing which is the biggest Honda off road race team here in OZ an Belly delivered the bike GHR had this bike for Belly but he didn't need it so i bought it.
Actually when i was working at Noyes Honda in Caboolture i sold Belly some power equipment.
Belly is an 11 time national champion and real good bloke.

• fc501

Posted November 10, 2007 - 08:19 AM

thanks, I will look at the 68 jet issue again. the flapper is already changed.

• fc501

Posted November 10, 2007 - 08:24 AM

cool that someone here has met Glen Bell. that was a awesome XR he had in the day!:thumbsup:

• weskc35k

Posted November 10, 2007 - 08:25 PM

One of his XR's had an aluminum tank,maybe more but i know of one.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.