IMS Tank leaking after 4 months

5 replies to this topic
  • TSFRANKLIN

Posted November 09, 2007 - 05:55 PM

I put a IMS tank on my 07WR 450 about 4 months ago and was pretty happy, besides the tank yellowing at the top already. Then last night I woke up the the strong smell of gas in my house. I had not been on my bike or worked on it for weeks so I thought it was from another source. As I was walking around the garage I saw a puddle under my bike and then noticed gas leaking off the skid plate:eek: AS I looked up I saw it dripping off the tank.

I plan to call IMS to see what my options are at this point, I hope that it was just a bad apple....has anyone heard of a tank leaking like this?

no major crashes...

• redswr

Posted November 09, 2007 - 08:29 PM

Desert Devil 450f has one that he had leak on him... see my post, "does anyone have a desert tank on an 07?" for more on it...

• Thumper_Bloke

Posted November 09, 2007 - 10:11 PM

I plan to call IMS to see what my options are at this point

:thumbsup: Let us know...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SXP

Posted November 09, 2007 - 10:48 PM

:thumbsup: Let us know...

Yeah, but where is is leaking from? Is it the petcock gasket with the tank, or has it cracked, or....?

• tweav

Posted November 09, 2007 - 11:28 PM

Yes really want to know where it was leaking from ,and what they do about it. I have a IMS tank on my 2007 wr it's the same except mine's black

• crooks420

Posted November 10, 2007 - 02:05 PM

You just might need a new, better petcock gasket. When I got an IMS tank for my 05 WR450, the petcock gasket leaked right away. I cut a new gasket out of some rubber sheet material I have, and no problems since.

Jesse

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.