NEW 650L Review!

5 replies to this topic
  • heavyhitter

Posted November 09, 2007 - 01:24 PM

http://www.motorcycl...eID=5517&Page=1

• CTXr650L

Posted November 09, 2007 - 02:25 PM

cool review, nice to see them saying posiive stuff about the honda after all these years

• Timmerz

Posted November 09, 2007 - 02:45 PM

cool review, nice to see them saying posiive stuff about the honda after all these years

Yes it is....I guess Kaw finally did the much-needed upgrades to the KLR, and made it good enough in the price range to feel good to both on and off-road camps...
I personally feel that the Honda looks light-years better than the Kaw, and that the BMW should just get Motard tires and stay that way...trying not to be biased here, but....

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Big Red Paul

Posted November 09, 2007 - 02:50 PM

A confusing sentence from the review:

Being the XR650L is closely related to its Baja 1000-campaigning brother, the XR650R, one would assume that it would absolutely kill it on the dirt, and although it is true that it is the most capable off-road, we found it quite cumbersome especially at slow speeds.

Someone care to paraphrase this ? I can't understand it.

• Rugged

Posted November 09, 2007 - 03:01 PM

they say the bike was clumsy going off road.

to be fair it had stocker tires ad all the guys were really really small. 175 pounds was the biggest guy.

the real suurprise is that anyone, anywhere, said the KLR was "nimble" off road.

I think it's cause they're so short, had the seat on low setting and aren't great riders. They couldn't touch the ground on the xr.

They also say the xr650l is the 650r's brother, but it's more like second cousin once removed. It's the brother of the xr600 and shares little with 650r except for the color and APPROXIMATELY the displacement.

i'd take that beemer anyday and sell it. I could buy a new xr650l and a used plated yzf426, plus a ramp and 800 bux worth of parts and gear.

• Big Red Paul

Posted November 09, 2007 - 04:08 PM

They also say the xr650l is the 650r's brother, but it's more like second cousin once removed. It's the brother of the xr600 and shares little with 650r except for the color and APPROXIMATELY the displacement.

i'd take that beemer anyday and sell it. I could buy a new xr650l and a used plated yzf426, plus a ramp and 800 bux worth of parts and gear.

LOL ! Brilliant post !!!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  148 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.