Hand Guards?

5 replies to this topic
  • Nate R

Posted November 09, 2007 - 01:41 AM

Want to add hand guards to my XL600. I like the idea of aluminum handguards as I would like the extra lever protection. But a bit pricey, from what I've seen.

Any reason I can't use something like the emgo handguards that have plastic molded directly around aluminum?

Posted Image

Or is there a reason I should spend the extra money on the Acerbis?

Posted Image

• Denn10

Posted November 09, 2007 - 06:57 AM

look at both and see how their shape is and if one looks like theres less finger room and all, If its a money thing then get the cheaper ones and im sure youll love them. I looked into some and saw the Cycra's for like $59 at cycle gear not a bad price i think.

• asf

Posted November 09, 2007 - 08:01 AM

Try Zetas. That's what I use, they have the probend so you dont pin your wrist. They were $20 less than the cycra probends. The one referenced ^^ are only composite, not metal.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Desertskyy

Posted November 09, 2007 - 08:13 AM

I have used the EMGO hand guards for the last 5 years both on my current bike (XR650R) and my last bike. I have no issues. I am running Pro tapers; I am using the Moose large diameter guard/bar clamp. They have held up as expected. I bent the hell out of my Pro Tapers on a high speed get off a few years ago, the hand guards survived just fine. They are also cheaper than the Acerbis ones

good luck

• porterdog

Posted November 09, 2007 - 08:41 AM

I've a set of the mooses on my xrr, some pro-tapers on my xr4, and the acerbis rally pros on my tw200.

The acerbis are the best of the lot- the inboard attachment is nicer/stonger, and the bar-end insert is TONS better- it uses a conical insert which is drawn into a knurled outer tube when you tighten the end bolt. The others use a pair of alu wedges set against one another; total shite in comparison.

When I upgrade the bars on my xrr, I'll replace the handguards with a set of rally pros.

• walshdanielm1965

Posted November 09, 2007 - 09:42 AM

+1 on the acerbis.....very strong

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.