wr450f vs yz450f power

4 replies to this topic
  • gotdirt33

Posted November 08, 2007 - 04:25 PM

how does the power of a yz450f compare to tha of a wr450f (hit, amount; flip you over backward abililty lol)? oh btw the yz would be an 07 and the wr is an 03

• 2grimjim

Posted November 08, 2007 - 04:38 PM

The '03 WR is down by about 8hp (baffle out) compared to the '07 YZ. The WR has MUCH more flywheel (slower revving) than the YZ and almost no hit in the power.

What type of riding do you prefer?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • gotdirt33

Posted November 08, 2007 - 04:46 PM

i ride everything pretty much, i mean how much harder to ride is the yz?

• 2grimjim

Posted November 08, 2007 - 04:50 PM

The YZ might be a handful if you like to do a lot of technical riding (without doing some mods to the suspension and add a heavier flywheel).

I have an '06 YZ450 and a '03 WR450. I've done quite a bit of work on the YZ to make it more suited for off-road but I still prefer my WR when I'm riding in the high country.

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted November 08, 2007 - 09:31 PM

i ride everything pretty much, i mean how much harder to ride is the yz?

For me the YZ is much EASIER to ride than my WR was (2004 with all the mods). The YZ is much lighter and better handleing. I ride all off road, single track and hillclimb. No MX track at all. I did do alot of mods to make my YZ more offroad friendly, but I had to do alot to make my WR more YZ-like too. My brother made the same move I did....2004 WR to a 2006 YZ. He got considerably faster on it as well. If you can control to power the YZ is way easier to ride. It just doesnt wear you out as much. :worthy:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.