Rev Limiter?

6 replies to this topic
  • Nate R

Posted November 07, 2007 - 10:42 PM

Anyone know if the XL600Rs (1984) had a rev limiter? Since I don't have a tach, I'm wondering if there's something to keep me from overrevving.

• Billahjack

Posted November 08, 2007 - 06:42 AM

Before I got a cam, I would shift if its out of power on top. After I got a cam, I hi the rev limiter every once in a while in first or second because its still pulling. For your '84, I would guess that if it has a points/condenser setup instead of a black box for ignition, then there is no rev limiter.

• sportbiker929

Posted November 08, 2007 - 07:21 AM

84 is CDI and you can rev it till it misses

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • martinfan30

Posted November 08, 2007 - 07:41 AM

yes it does. 7500 ?

• Nate R

Posted November 09, 2007 - 12:43 AM

Whew, thanks! I was a bit worried.

I'm thinking I'll get a vapor gauge setup eventually. But for now I'll go by ear.

• crmc33

Posted November 09, 2007 - 05:15 AM

soft limit is at 7500rpm, itll rev past it but wont pull the skin of a rice pudding ;oD

HTH

• Denn10

Posted November 09, 2007 - 06:54 AM

my rev limiter is when my arm wraps back around the bars and it hurts LOL JK .

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.