Finally pulled the trigger......

10 replies to this topic
  • usmcpaul

Posted November 07, 2007 - 05:00 PM

Well after hours of exhaustive research, and days of toiling over what bike to replace my crf450 with, I finally bought my first Yamaha.

I found a brand new 05 and picked it up this past weekend. I then drove about 25 minutes east to the nearest open track; And WOW I love it. :worthy:

I did take a little razzing for riding it with the price tags and factory warning stickers still on it; but damn this thing is the cats meow.:worthy:

Thanks for all your help and input.

• 06_450 Rider

Posted November 07, 2007 - 05:02 PM

Lets see some pics

• usmcpaul

Posted November 07, 2007 - 05:26 PM

Well.....heres the sad part of the story. The next day I went to another track and as I was going into a corner, I pinned the throttle, to try and make the double that followed. The rear tire came out from under me and the guy that was following me hit the bike hard. :worthy:

I was ok, but the seat, fender, air box, radiator and various stickers did not fare so well. I was able to weld the radiator last night, and the rest of the parts are on order. So as soon as I get it back into shape I will take some pictures and post them (before I go to the track :worthy: ).

Even after that I was still grinning from ear to ear, because I had so much fun on that thing.

• 642MX

Posted November 07, 2007 - 05:44 PM

You didn't happen to buy that bike off of ebay, did you?

• usmcpaul

Posted November 07, 2007 - 05:57 PM

Yea, I sure did.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • usmcpaul

Posted November 07, 2007 - 05:59 PM

I just remembered, we did take a pic after the crash. Here it goes.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

the last two are not me, I just got stuck with camera duty after the crash.

• 642MX

Posted November 07, 2007 - 06:13 PM

Yea, I sure did.

I almost bought that bike..... but I decided to go a different direction, but I really did consider it.

• usmcpaul

Posted November 07, 2007 - 06:25 PM

I am glad you didn't buy it. I am really happy with it.

Which direction did you go?

• 642MX

Posted November 07, 2007 - 06:35 PM

I am glad you didn't buy it. I am really happy with it.

Which direction did you go?

I've been looking at smokers again, but I'm still looking... Nothings definite, until its in my garage.

• bkklett

Posted November 08, 2007 - 10:04 AM

Welcome to the world of Yamaha- My blood use to run Green now Blue! :worthy: Well I still have one! I felt the same way when i got my 03 450. Have Fun:thumbsup:

• albertaguy

Posted November 08, 2007 - 10:34 AM

word to the wize, reroute your engine breather hose into the air box with a filter on it (see thread under yzf450's called 3 days in sand now I need a full rebuild). In my case the sand got me but have heard issues with water and dirt as well. I came off a long line of Honda's and was unaware of the Yamaha tricks/bugs until it was too late. Congrats on your new bike, awsome suspension and handeling especially compared to the 03 and 04 crf's.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.