Adding a battery.. wr426???

3 replies to this topic
  • dmoney1074

Posted November 07, 2007 - 09:19 AM

Hello, I am in need of some assistance... I want to add a small battery such as the "sealed lead acid", or "gel cell" that many places sell to my bike to run some accessories and make the lights brighter at idle. The bike is a 2001 wr426f. How exactly do I go about adding a battery and charging it with my lighting coil? I assume I need a battery (recommended size?), a new reg/rect., but what will I need to do to make this work as far as modifiactions to the stator etc? I guess thats my main question...

Thanks in advance for any help!

Daniel Leon

• GCannon

Posted November 07, 2007 - 12:53 PM

Your current system produces only AC power since the lights don't care. the battery will need DC power you need to replace the voltage regulator for a regulator/rectefier .

You will need to contact Baja Designs or Trick Dual Sport or Electrix for the new parts you will need.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • creeky

Posted November 07, 2007 - 12:55 PM

Get a regulator/rectifier, there's always plenty of them on EBay, and a battery pack, I use the 750 mah nimh robot batteries from www.batteryspace.com, they hold up very well.

• xrmarty

Posted November 07, 2007 - 07:10 PM

contact Dale from Trick Dualsports

I know Dale personally and he does excellent work. He will stear you in the right direction

http://www.trickdualsport.com/

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.