06 WR450 odometer problem

6 replies to this topic
  • eissinger4

Posted November 07, 2007 - 06:20 AM

Hi everyone...

I have an 06 WR450, and every time the battery dies, the odometer resets. Is there any way to keep the odometer reading when I replace batteries??? I have looked in the manual and done a thorough search here, but I haven't come up with anything. Thanks for ANY advice.

• markturbo

Posted November 07, 2007 - 07:08 AM

Not sure, but when my battery got low and died I just lost the time and not the odometer. Do you mean the trip meter?

• eissinger4

Posted November 07, 2007 - 08:11 AM

No, the actual odometer that keeps track of the TOTAL miles on the bike. I've lost it twice now, so I have no idea how many miles are actually on it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Charles De Mar

Posted November 07, 2007 - 09:16 AM

No, the actual odometer that keeps track of the TOTAL miles on the bike. I've lost it twice now, so I have no idea how many miles are actually on it.

I don't think there is a permanant odometer on the computers. When there is no power it resets. the device would need a backup battery for this I believe. I could not find anything in my manual about a permanent odometer. I have since given up and quit thinking about it. just like old times, total time and mileage is unkown:excuseme:

• eissinger4

Posted November 07, 2007 - 09:17 AM

I was afraid of that. Thanks...

• emtrvt

Posted November 08, 2007 - 02:25 PM

on mine there are two "trip" odometers. I try and use one for oil changes then the other for finding out how long of trips i take on the bike.

• Charles De Mar

Posted November 08, 2007 - 03:29 PM

on mine there are two "trip" odometers. I try and use one for oil changes then the other for finding out how long of trips i take on the bike.

We are saying that if you kill your battery or unhook it, you will lose that info! FYI

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.