WR Commuter

3 replies to this topic
  • Dodger

Posted March 26, 2002 - 10:12 PM

Ok, I got's a question.

Besides lot's of money for tires, is their any "major" drawbacks to using the WR426 as a part time commuter?? My commute to work is only about 6 or 7 miles each way, and would love to save the miles on my Tacoma. Besides, there is no better way to start a morning than to fire up the beast!

I really only ride trails, and my WR is the only bike I have for the time being. I'm not lucky enought to own a street bike just yet, but will as soon as possible :D :) !

Comments or insight appreciated, Oh, and feel free to call me a wuss, if you wish, for such a lame question (board at work :D :D ).

Dodger :D :D

• Brian_in_Long_Beach

Posted March 26, 2002 - 10:22 PM

You certainly can commute on the WR - my '99 is street legal but I only ride it on the pavement to connect the trails. Take it easy on the shifting under power since the bike doesn't have a cush drive hub.

After a couple commute trips I think the novelty would wear off and I'd be back to driving the truck or riding a bicycle. That and my ass would hurt too much....

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yamaha.dude

Posted March 26, 2002 - 11:08 AM

I ride my WR on the street, lots of fun... I wouldn't go for hours and hours on the road non-stop, but I would ride it oround Austrlia if I could... You may want to get a tooth bigger Front Sprocket, just to ease the revs at high speed...

Maybe you want to install the New GYRT Carbon Fibre cup holders - stop at Starbucks on the way...LOL

• jamracing

Posted March 26, 2002 - 12:37 PM

I have the White Brothers Titanium/carbon fiber turnsignals coming. Heard they add 4 HP (1 hp each). :)

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.