Hid stock headlight

47 replies to this topic
  • Randy Nilles

Posted May 27, 2008 - 03:11 PM

Update:prof:

The light works great. Great focal point, I rode easily at 50mphon the roads, and in the trails it was outstanding with a wider angle than my helmet light put out for a much broader view.

For the money, its well worth it.:thumbsup:

• jandmsuburban7

Posted May 28, 2008 - 11:32 AM

Sounds great Randy, So your out a little stator work (by your own hands) and for a $50 regulator, $42 ballist and igniter ($85 for two), $20 for an on/off switch and the bulb comes with or is bought seperate? And what did you determine for the heat in your original light housing, too much or perfectly safe? And how was the bike at idle to low rpm's with the lights, changing in brightness or not? Thanks, Jason

• Randy Nilles

Posted May 28, 2008 - 03:23 PM

Yes $112 total. The light works the same at idle, if fact the starter does not shut it off when starting the bike, but does kill my helmet light momentarily. There seems to be no heat issues. I felt the lens of the housing after the ride and it was luke warm at best.

• jaked02

Posted May 29, 2008 - 09:43 AM

Do you have a high/low function with the HID set up?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Randy Nilles

Posted May 29, 2008 - 05:39 PM

No! These are a single filiment bulb.

• jandmsuburban7

Posted June 05, 2008 - 09:42 AM

Hey, did you use the stock tailight or do you have to get a different one based on the modification change in the stator? Thanks, Jason

I think I will do this but I have to much going on right now so I will probably be coming back to you when I get some time and money for it!! Thanks for all the great info ya all!!

• Randy Nilles

Posted June 05, 2008 - 08:46 PM

Jason,

You dont have to touch your taillight.

Good luck!

• jandmsuburban7

Posted June 08, 2008 - 11:46 AM

Thanks Randy, get back with you when some money falls in my lap! Jason

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.