ignition key

5 replies to this topic
  • Rugged

Posted November 06, 2007 - 02:31 PM

at some point did they have keyed ignition on xr 600 r?

• cleonard

Posted November 06, 2007 - 04:00 PM

at some point did they have keyed ignition on xr 600 r?

No they never had one. All you need to do is buy a key switch and use the kill switch wire to ground. That is all most bikes do to stop the engine from running.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted November 06, 2007 - 04:52 PM

....and you don't need to buy the one on ebay for $65.00. Any motorcycle key switch will work, and many sell for around $ 20.00.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • kuritaro9

Posted November 07, 2007 - 05:12 AM

it depends where the bike came from. i live in japan, but my xr600 is an australian model.(lean CA spec jetting ,restricted carb insulator, but no smog pump) and it came with lights turn signals, a steering lock and a keyed ignition.:worthy:

• kuritaro9

Posted November 07, 2007 - 05:20 PM

if you need, i can try to get a part# for the ignition, and see if the harness part numbers are the same as the stateside R models...

• Krannie McKranface

Posted November 07, 2007 - 05:27 PM

Baja designs sells a Honda oem ignition key for under $ 20.00

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.