2003 WR450 ?

2 replies to this topic
  • Wakeman

Posted March 26, 2002 - 09:03 AM

Any word? Will it be a 450? Will it be ligther and have electric start? YZF tank/seat? More flywheel?

I had a 2000 WR400, But stalled it in a race and sold it. I miss it sometimes, but it could be a pain to start after a crash. Always started first kick when cold or stoped with the kill switch.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed

Posted March 26, 2002 - 10:20 PM

A friend of mine and I were talking last night and he heard, (maybe right or wrong), that 2003 WR was still going to be a 426, with a good chance of the magic "Blue Button" being added. Just like 2000, let the YZ go to a 450 and the next year (2004) the WR will follow. Anyone heard anything else???

• Wakeman

Posted March 26, 2002 - 12:24 PM

So will the YZ450 have the magic button as well?

How about a CA green sticker for either? Any rumors on that? Seems KTM just had to lean the jetting out to get there bike to pass. I guess Yamaha isn't haveing any problems selling bikes, so they probably don't feel the pressures that other manufactors do.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.