can't start wr 426 when hot

6 replies to this topic
  • filyark

Posted November 06, 2007 - 11:12 AM

i have a wr 426 it runs perfect and starts no prob when cold but it takes ages to start when hot. tried using hot start and not using it makes no differance pleases can anyone help

• jbrooks26

Posted November 06, 2007 - 12:21 PM

Check your valves, sounds like they could be getting a little tight. Tight valves will only get tighter when the engine warms up, and then you will have a bear of a time starting it. Hope this helps,

Josh

• GCannon

Posted November 06, 2007 - 01:06 PM

:worthy:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • byggd

Posted November 07, 2007 - 01:38 PM

Also make sure the not start isn't clogged....... Although mine start hot without it so it's most likely valves.

• 2grimjim

Posted November 07, 2007 - 03:14 PM

i have a wr 426 it runs perfect and starts no prob when cold but it takes ages to start when hot. tried using hot start and not using it makes no differance pleases can anyone help its getting me down

Check your valves, sounds like they could be getting a little tight. Tight valves will only get tighter when the engine warms up, and then you will have a bear of a time starting it. Hope this helps,

Josh

If your valve clearance checks out ok you may need to adjust your idle mixture screw. If you don't know what or where it is there are plenty of threads that will help out if you do a search.

• filyark

Posted November 08, 2007 - 11:26 AM

thanks for your imput can i check valves myself or do i need to take it to shop

• byggd

Posted November 08, 2007 - 01:24 PM

You can check them youself easy enough but if they need re-shimimng some special tools are needed.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.