SLC riders - need a little help

2 replies to this topic
  • specialk6r

Posted November 06, 2007 - 09:14 AM

I moved to Salt Lake yesterday morning, and am excited to get riding. I know there's several jetting threads to help me decide, but it'd be easier to copy someone else's setup as a starting point. My bike is a 03' with free mods and GYTR baffle. What works for you?

Also, if anyone has a favorite Yamaha stealership, I'd like to have a look.

Thanks a lot fellas.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Maddeh

Posted November 06, 2007 - 11:17 AM

I'm a jetting noob, never bothered to figure it out. Mine was done by the dealer when the original owner bought it, and its worked fine everywhere from sea level in Baja to 10,000 feet in American Fork.

You might want to check motoutah.com to see if anyone there can help you. Welcome to Utah. :worthy:

• garr87v

Posted November 06, 2007 - 11:49 AM

I moved to Salt Lake yesterday morning, and am excited to get riding. I know there's several jetting threads to help me decide, but it'd be easier to copy someone else's setup as a starting point. My bike is a 03' with free mods and GYTR baffle. What works for you?

Also, if anyone has a favorite Yamaha stealership, I'd like to have a look.

Thanks a lot fellas.

I own a 07 wr450 I have a 175 main 50 pilot with the needle in the 4th position. I only have 60 miles on the bike but the bike had no hicups or bogs, and ran cool. I checked the plug and it was a darker golden brown. Oh yeah and the air mixture screw is out 2 turns. Hope this helps.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.