Baja Designs Brake Light

8 replies to this topic
  • Johnjan

Posted November 06, 2007 - 06:42 AM

I recently purchased a 2000 650R with a Baja Designs kit already installed. The brake light is so useless that I'm very nervous about riding the thing beyond the end of my street. Any suggestions for improving the brake light on this kit? Or is it perhaps not working correctly?

• Krannie McKranface

Posted November 06, 2007 - 07:06 AM

I recently purchased a 2000 650R with a Baja Designs kit already installed. The brake light is so useless that I'm very nervous about riding the thing beyond the end of my street. Any suggestions for improving the brake light on this kit? Or is it perhaps not working correctly?

Which brake light do you have? They offer several.

• Billahjack

Posted November 06, 2007 - 07:27 AM

I'm in the market for anew brake light also. I bought the electrosport flexible LED blinkers for the rear. Just need something that won't break for the brake light.

• Johnjan

Posted November 06, 2007 - 08:01 AM

Not sure which brake light it is. I have no documentation. it is part of a complete "sub-fender" assembly that augments the stock tail light. Sounds like it warrants some research on the Baja website.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • martinfan30

Posted November 06, 2007 - 11:50 AM

show a pic. does it look like this?

Posted Image

• porterdog

Posted November 06, 2007 - 04:15 PM

Any suggestions for improving the brake light on this kit?

Whelen or Code 3 cop light:

http://www.thumperta...highlight=brake

• cb60130

Posted November 10, 2007 - 08:35 AM

Do you guys with the BD tail light/license plate holder have a problem with it wiggling all the fender bolts loose?? I can't seem to make it 50 miles without dropping a bolt or two out of the rear fender. 3 of the 5 bolts back there screw in to the press fit collars in the sub frame so gorilla tightening them and Locktite are a bad idea.... any suggestions?

• scalejockey

Posted November 10, 2007 - 09:32 AM

I use nylon type locknuts

• husky123

Posted November 10, 2007 - 11:15 AM

I use nylon type locknuts

Yep and a dab of 242 blue doesn't hurt either.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 8 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.