2008 YZ450 exhaust help

4 replies to this topic
  • CRFsean

Posted November 05, 2007 - 08:10 PM

I am seriously considering buying one these(yamaha has some good deals that a minimum wage job can afford:thumbsup:).

But who here as actually had experience with the bike and has changed the exhaust out? I heard that the shorty pipe is holding the bike back severly. If I were to change the pipe out with an aftermarket exhaust, do you think or know that it will regain enough power in it's bottom end?

Thanks

• grayracer513

Posted November 05, 2007 - 08:32 PM

If you search that, you'll find several people with that experience.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yamahacrazy_310

Posted November 06, 2007 - 02:03 AM

Look at Dr.D. They make great pipes for the YZ450F and thay are affordable.

• Chilio

Posted November 06, 2007 - 06:32 AM

CRFsean, I'm not calling you out or anything but I doubt that you can ride the bike to its full ability bone stock. With that being said I couldn't as well, but I did put a Dr.D Ti/Ti system on my 08 and it helped the bottom end. Also The PowerBowl made a world of difference too.

• CRFsean

Posted November 06, 2007 - 03:22 PM

CRFsean, I'm not calling you out or anything but I doubt that you can ride the bike to its full ability bone stock. With that being said I couldn't as well, but I did put a Dr.D Ti/Ti system on my 08 and it helped the bottom end. Also The PowerBowl made a world of difference too.

your damn right I can't! but I don't want to spend my hard earned money on a bike that is below average in the motor department. And tho I can't ride the bike to its full potential, I ride sand dunes a lot and power is definatley a plus in the sand.

but thanks guys

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.