More FMFQ4 Problems.. Warrenty?

27 replies to this topic
  • 02YZ426

Posted December 21, 2007 - 03:18 PM

*UPDATE*

So I just received my pipe back today :banghead: They did repair it so unfortunately I didn't get a new one, but they did an excellent job fixing it. Would you believe they actually put those cursed decals back on :busted: So that will be the first thing to come off. So I just thought I would let you guys know how things turned out.. and thanks FMF for standing behind your product. 2 weeks turn around time also... not bad. I'll post another pic of it later, you won't believe the repair they did. Oh ya, they did charge me $25 to repack it though.

• KAS

Posted December 21, 2007 - 03:51 PM

Oh ya, they did charge me $25 to repack it though.

Of course they did. Had to soak you for some $$$ somehow.

• KJ790

Posted December 21, 2007 - 04:04 PM

I love hearing about companies willing to help the customers. I'm still not sure what the problem was with the stickers on yours, I have had the original ones on both of my factory 4.1's for a full season and they look brand new.

• 02YZ426

Posted December 21, 2007 - 04:14 PM

I love hearing about companies willing to help the customers. I'm still not sure what the problem was with the stickers on yours, I have had the original ones on both of my factory 4.1's for a full season and they look brand new.

I don't know.. I ride very aggressive, but I doubt that should have anything to do with it. Maybe I have a jetting issue or something causing the pipe to get hotter than normal :banghead: The bike ran so good with the exhaust I didn't bother to change anything.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • KJ790

Posted December 21, 2007 - 04:44 PM

I don't know.. I ride very aggressive, but I doubt that should have anything to do with it. Maybe I have a jetting issue or something causing the pipe to get hotter than normal :banghead: The bike ran so good with the exhaust I didn't bother to change anything.

Maybe the Q builds more heat than the factory 4.1's. I'm also an A class racer, so we probably get them about equally hot.

• 02YZ426

Posted December 21, 2007 - 04:52 PM

Maybe the Q builds more heat than the factory 4.1's. I'm also an A class racer, so we probably get them about equally hot.

Well I took the spark arrestor out of it figuring that may be a contributing factor to the heat, but I think generally the Q4 does run hotter. The 4.1 likely has much better flow, thats the pipe I initially wanted to get. Unfortunately with the sound restrictions around here I can't even consider it.

• 02YZ426

Posted December 21, 2007 - 07:51 PM

Okay heres the before and after, remember this is the same pipe!

Posted Image

Posted Image

After FMF fixed it up!

Posted Image

• MRD RACING

Posted December 21, 2007 - 08:07 PM

they did a nice job :banghead: , and you guys are correct about the extra heat build up in the baffeled type mufflers , if you ride hard or race them they will melt the stickers :busted: I think thats why the factory's use steel cans with heat paint on them for the off road bikes that are all plugged up :D

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Supercross

Wilson the Blue Privateer by jetfuel

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  50 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450FX OR YZ450F by MESSMAKER

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  30 replies
Forums
Photo

Should I buy this bike? help....... by Numsa Hul

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   What bike should I buy?
  • 10 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  113 replies
Forums
Photo

05 yz450f not fast enough by RedeyeYZ

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  38 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.