Need help, carb/idle

4 replies to this topic
  • gg50

Posted November 04, 2007 - 04:37 PM

I just got a 05 yz450 and the bike ran great first few time. but now when you rev it up in gear or in neutral it will stay reved for a few second and then lower back down. What should i check. The cables are good and everything looks fine to me. Thanks

• trevorchappell

Posted November 04, 2007 - 05:17 PM

it is probably a cloged pilot jet or fuel screw adjustment if that dosn't work than it is probably your tps .

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yzfrider67

Posted November 04, 2007 - 05:23 PM

i also have the same problem with my 04. it if i set my idle really low or really high it wont do it. but in between it does. any info would be great.

• todds924

Posted November 04, 2007 - 05:27 PM

I just got a 05 yz450 and the bike ran great first few time. but now when you rev it up in gear or in neutral it will stay reved for a few second and then lower back down. What should i check. The cables are good and everything looks fine to me. Thanks

Clean your carburetor, pilot jet/ leak jet/mainjet. Pull out your fuel screw and make sure you have the o-ring in there. Clean all passages with compressed air when the jets are removed. It sounds like your pilot jet is partially clogged. try your fuel screw at 2 turns and lower your idle screw< turn it counterclockwise>. Its probably set to high to compensate for a clogged pilot jet.

• dkwok

Posted November 05, 2007 - 03:49 AM

my fren says a worn needle will also do tat,
can somebody confirm tis,
thanks.
:worthy:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.