High bend bars

23 replies to this topic
  • mightymart

Posted November 04, 2007 - 01:53 PM

Im looking to get some taller bars as I feel I will go over the bars one day ! seeing Im from the UK I can't seem to find "CR high bend" I would like to go for Renthals but not sure what to go for.
I have seen these on ebay but whats the best ?
http://cgi.ebay.co.u...s_promot_widget
CR/CRF bars

or

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...VQQcmdZViewItem
enduro pro high bend

• frankiewhipit

Posted November 04, 2007 - 02:41 PM

I use Tusk CR Hi Bend on my '99 XL650R, Rocky Mountain sells them. They're fairly inexpensive also :worthy:

• gearloos

Posted November 04, 2007 - 04:13 PM

I have been looking into risers.. They just raise the stock bar mounting point 1" or up to 2" depending on where you get them. They come in 7/8 to 7/8 or 7/8 to 1 1/8 etc...
Rox has a pivoting version that raises the stock bar mounting point 2 " and will also pivot them forward or backward.
Just something to consider.

• Manchu

Posted November 04, 2007 - 04:46 PM

Just ordered a set of Rox risers, myself. Should be here sometime this week. I couldn't really find much at fault with the stockers other than being too low, hence didn't feel like changing over all the controls to another set of bars (besides, I just installed grip heaters a couple months ago).

:worthy:

• Descalzo

Posted November 05, 2007 - 05:15 AM

IMO the CR highs aren't very high at all.
(The RC highs are though - I keep thinking people get the two confused, but maybe not.)

Go check out Renthals web site. They have all the witdth, heigth & sweep info laid out on a nifty spreadsheet for all the different bars they make.
Go to Answers site as well - same thing & will give you some idea what's out there. & then you'll be able to compare to what you've got now (sweep & width).

Of the two you have listed, the enduro's are definately the tallest, but the have a wacky sweep as I recall - cool if you sit alot, weird if you stand alot IMO. But like anything, you can adapt real easy in a few rides.

• Juxxtin

Posted November 05, 2007 - 07:44 AM

FYI on ATV bars:
http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=556127

• philipstjohn

Posted November 05, 2007 - 08:17 AM

Im looking to get some taller bars as I feel I will go over the bars one day ! seeing Im from the UK I can't seem to find "CR high bend" I would like to go for Renthals but not sure what to go for.
I have seen these on ebay but whats the best ?
http://cgi.ebay.co.u...s_promot_widget
CR/CRF bars

or

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...VQQcmdZViewItem
enduro pro high bend

I have been running the Pastrana High bars and love them. I thought they might be too high, but I find them perfect for my height of 6"3". The minimum sweep of the bars adds to the comfort with my longer arms. Check out my garage to see a photo of the bars mounted. :worthy:

• husky123

Posted November 05, 2007 - 08:19 AM

Plus 1 on the Pastrana FMX's. Love them and the minimal sweep. Keeps the ole wrists straightened up.

• Denn10

Posted November 05, 2007 - 09:29 AM

you have to be able to order off some websites in UK cant you? Or is it just too expensive to ship overseas?

Heard alot about the Pastrana bend, i use CR high and im 6'2" and love em.

• flyin vee

Posted November 05, 2007 - 09:50 AM

+1 on the Rox Risers. Just installed them a couple of weeks ago. They are an awesome, well made product with tons of adjustability. Check them out you wont be disapointed.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Manchu

Posted November 05, 2007 - 04:46 PM

+1 on the Rox Risers. Just installed them a couple of weeks ago. They are an awesome, well made product with tons of adjustability. Check them out you wont be disapointed.

A little off topic...

Did you have any problems with the cables being too short once the risers were added?

• Cobalt650

Posted November 05, 2007 - 05:04 PM

I'm interested in the cable length/Rox riser combo as well. At 6'5", something higher would be nice, and doing this is within my level of expertise!

• flyin vee

Posted November 05, 2007 - 05:20 PM

No problem at all with the stock cable length. I have the 2" risers and the Windam bend pro tapers. It's nice being able to stand up and not feeling like I am endoing.

• Thirdear1

Posted November 05, 2007 - 06:26 PM

how do you think they'd effect me at about 5'10"-5'11"??

• flyin vee

Posted November 06, 2007 - 04:37 AM

I am 6'2" and they are perfect. I come from a motocross backgound and adding the2" Rox Risers to my L made the rider position feel much better, I absolutely think they would be for anybody 5'8" and up.:worthy:

• mightymart

Posted November 06, 2007 - 11:03 AM

Many thanks for the replies, I think I may go for the Enduro highs, unless I get more feedback before Christmas.

• porterdog

Posted November 07, 2007 - 04:46 AM

Plus 1 on the Pastrana FMX's. Love them and the minimal sweep. Keeps the ole wrists straightened up.

How tall you are, Husky?

• husky123

Posted November 07, 2007 - 07:08 AM

6' 2"

• xr650rkyle

Posted November 07, 2007 - 11:06 AM

I am 6,6" and the Renthal FATBAR Carmical HIGH is 4.25 High.

The Pastrana bars are Just a bit higher at 4.5 but are 1.5 inches narrower.

I AM REALLY HAPPY WITH THE RENTHAL CARMICAL HIGH BEND!!!:worthy:

• martinfan30

Posted November 07, 2007 - 11:27 AM

A little off topic...

Did you have any problems with the cables being too short once the risers were added?

i also have 2" ROX RISERS. no issues with the cables either. although the cables are motion pros that came with my FCR.

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  181 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.