wr400 carb. issues

No replies to this topic
  • wr400sm

Posted November 04, 2007 - 01:20 PM

Hey everybody, let me start by saying this is my first post but im not new to the forums.

I bought a 2000 wr400 a few months ago, so i came on here to look for the free mods. i found that my bike had all of the except the gray wire mod, anyway to make a long story short i noticed it had a bog, then last week it wouldnt start anymore. i narrowed it down to the carb.

here is what i found when i took it off to clean it.
Posted Image

This is the A.P diaphragm, i think this is were my bog was coming from.

Posted Image

And this is why it wouldnt start, the air jets were completely clog with dirt.

I couldnt believe the amount of dirt in the carb. i dont think the prevous owner ever cleaned the air filter, and yes its my falt i didnt change or clean it myself.

P.S this is my first bike and i love it, if the wr was still running in that condition its an awesome bike.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.