throttle tube upgrade

10 replies to this topic
  • Charles De Mar

Posted November 04, 2007 - 11:20 AM

Thinking of upgrading. Anyone have suggestions or warnings?
Cam systems-Reducing the amount of twist sounds good. Pros and cons anyone?

• MXJunky

Posted November 05, 2007 - 11:32 AM

MXJunky installed an aluminum Pro Circuit throttle tube, after smashing the plastic stock unit. :worthy:

• Vegemite_luva

Posted November 05, 2007 - 12:04 PM

Do you run full wrap around hand guards ie. do you have to cut the throttle tube? If so then you may want to consider ODI Lock On Grips with the throttle tube built in. Same price as a throttle tube but you get brand new grips too.

• Charles De Mar

Posted November 05, 2007 - 12:08 PM

Do you run full wrap around hand guards ie. do you have to cut the throttle tube? If so then you may want to consider ODI Lock On Grips with the throttle tube built in. Same price as a throttle tube but you get brand new grips too.

Thanks for the info! I do run a fastway set up with my tube end cut off. (That sound like to much info) Charles De Mar doesn't think MXJunky runs the hand guards:lol: Anyone else running these? how a bout billet tube with an open end? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

• MXJunky

Posted November 05, 2007 - 12:46 PM

MXJunky is against the wrap-around handguards.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • race32

Posted November 05, 2007 - 12:46 PM

I run the sunline alum. throttle tube, it comes with the end o-ring sealed all you have to do is punch the end out and is ready to go. Also it has 2 nylon sleeves in it to help it spin. I had the G2 on my 04 and really didn't feel any difference.

• Charles De Mar

Posted November 05, 2007 - 12:56 PM

MXJunky is against the wrap-around handguards.

Booger has short legs and goes through the levers. Pipestone is hard on the controls when you drop the bike!

• redswr

Posted November 13, 2007 - 01:29 PM

hey! i did a search and found something for once... well kinda...lol. i was wondering if they made a throttle tube system that reduced the amount of twist too. what are the different brands out there that i should look for?

• Charles De Mar

Posted November 13, 2007 - 02:23 PM

hey! i did a search and found something for once... well kinda...lol. i was wondering if they made a throttle tube system that reduced the amount of twist too. what are the different brands out there that i should look for?

I just cleaned up my stock tube and lubed the cables for now. I forget what I came across.

• Charles De Mar

Posted November 13, 2007 - 02:30 PM

I was considering this, but I was going to wait a few months for x-mas bonus to go through and buy a few things at once. If you get one let Booger know!
http://www.g2ergo.co...nThrottle.shtml

• redswr

Posted November 13, 2007 - 10:57 PM

looks pretty good... i'm trying to convince my parent just to let me run up my credit card bill on stuff i really need (want) for my bike and just have them pay it off for christmas. this will be at the top of my list!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.