Fuel Screw Won't Come Out

8 replies to this topic
  • JoeSactown

Posted November 02, 2007 - 10:23 PM

I am trying to install a fuel screw in my 07 yz450, but the stock screw seems stuck coming out. It felt like it was coming out for maybe a turn but then stopped. Is this reverse threaded and Im going the wrong way? Maybe just really hard to turn? Please advise.:worthy:

• grayracer513

Posted November 02, 2007 - 10:28 PM

They are a right hand thread, like normal. Be sure you aren't thinking of it upside down because the screw faces up.

If it is stuck, or tending to stick, get a tech to look at it. Don't take a chance on screwing up the carb if you aren't sure what's going on.

• 642MX

Posted November 03, 2007 - 06:33 AM

You might try and pull the carb off, flip it upside down and spray some WD40 around it and let it soak. Then try it.

• tnl

Posted November 03, 2007 - 07:29 AM

Lefty loosie, righty tighty.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JoeSactown

Posted November 03, 2007 - 10:19 AM

I know my righty tighties, and taking into account the fact that you have to "look up" at the screw, I am going left from that perspective.

Does the float chamber need to come off before the fuel screw will come out all the way?

Much thanks to those who take the time to answer these not-so-technical questions.

• Ga426owner

Posted November 03, 2007 - 12:28 PM

it would only be binding if the spring or oring is bound up. Retighten and re loosen - it will come out - be careful not to lose spring/oring

• JoeSactown

Posted November 03, 2007 - 12:34 PM

Thanks, I'll give it a try now.

• rmzRacer293

Posted November 03, 2007 - 01:04 PM

mine did the exact same thing on my rmz250 a year ago. loosen the bottom of the carb and it will fall right out.

• todds924

Posted November 03, 2007 - 01:08 PM

It will really help to see what your doing if you take the float bowl off. Shoot some penetrating lube on it. I think you'll be alright if you take the float bowl off so you can get a good look at it. Also make sure you don't have any dirt up in there.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.