Akrapovic race exhaust for XR650R

10 replies to this topic
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted November 02, 2007 - 08:43 PM

Any body tried it? It looks amazing, with huge diameter two-into-one header.
I can't seem to find a So Cal or e-dealer that sells it......

• Billahjack

Posted November 02, 2007 - 08:52 PM

I know the street bike systems by Akraprovic are very nice. I would guess that the same quality extends to the dirt bikes.

• BBA

Posted November 03, 2007 - 05:13 AM

I have the full Akropovic Ti exhaust on my Xr650R and it really makes a difference in mid to top end performance. The problem Im having is trying to find a spark arrester for it.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted November 05, 2007 - 05:59 PM

I have the full Akropovic Ti exhaust on my Xr650R and it really makes a difference in mid to top end performance. The problem Im having is trying to find a spark arrester for it.

Really? No sparky from Akro is available?

• BBA

Posted November 06, 2007 - 05:01 AM

Im still waiting to hear back from Akro to find out if they make an insert but no aftermarket spark arresters out there that I can find. Anyone know of any that will work on this exhaust?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • nukinfutz

Posted November 06, 2007 - 05:16 AM

Any reason why the slip on pipe would not work on an L....? other than maybe a mounting issue.

• zrt1

Posted November 07, 2007 - 04:10 PM

BBA can you post a couple of pics of your exhaust? Does the left header tube go in front of the bike or turn to the left and behind the carb? Also could you measure the header tube diameter with a pair of calipers? I'm looking for a DOMA or Moriwaki exhaust but I cant find any, and have heard a lot of good things about the Akro and Remus pipes. thanks..

• weskc35k

Posted November 08, 2007 - 12:05 AM

The Krappybitch pipes are awesome.

• BBA

Posted November 08, 2007 - 05:25 AM

The front header pipe goes in front of the frame/radiator. I wrapped mine with heat wrap because it sits really close to the rad/engine components (basically right on the corner of the left radiator) . I'll measure the pipe diameter asap and post a pic. The header pipes are at least 1/4 of an inch bigger round diameter than the stock unit. Lots of mid and top end power gains with the exhaust and with a Edelbrock carb and opened up air box it makes some great lower end power as well. Everyone says the Akrapovic exhaust is very loud but I cant tell much difference in it from the uncorked stock pipe.

• JKL

Posted November 08, 2007 - 07:08 PM

Posted Image

• Krannie McKranface

Posted November 08, 2007 - 10:57 PM

Posted Image

Oooooh, that's the ticket. I can't find those over here....

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.