Yosh XR600R Exhaust - Full system

15 replies to this topic
  • Billahjack

Posted November 02, 2007 - 06:57 PM

I was looking on the Yoshimura site for a XR650R exhaust and came across a clearance item - full exhaust for the XR600R.

The SKU# is: X660AFS-SA

They want $250. This is an absolute steal!

https://www.yoshimur...ull-system.aspx

• Redlines

Posted November 03, 2007 - 02:20 AM

$290 shipped for a full system that is a good deal. I hate those spring design cannisters though they look cheesy

• philipstjohn

Posted November 03, 2007 - 05:43 AM

$290 shipped for a full system that is a good deal. I hate those spring design cannisters though they look cheesy

They do not make an exhaust system for the XR650R anymore correct?

• xr650l bum

Posted November 03, 2007 - 07:14 AM

It says full system, but when you read the details, its a slip on. But I will look into it just in case. I have full system now and would love a back up!

• Redlines

Posted November 04, 2007 - 02:16 AM

The part number is for a full system so I think it is.

• bigredxr

Posted November 04, 2007 - 05:07 AM

I researched the the part number and I agree that it is a full system with a headpipe, midpipe and canister. There appears to be fitment issues around the front frame tube though. Many have used air hammers to peen the pipe in order to fit. Maybe the reason they have so many left.:worthy:

• sploogemonkey

Posted November 04, 2007 - 01:52 PM

bigredxr,

I'm interested in looking at the system too, it sounds like they've got quite a few on hand.

Where did you get the info about the headers not fitting? Got any links?

Seems that ball peening the header pipe to fit would cause some turbulent air flow and ruin the benefit of having a "better" flowing system.

• Billahjack

Posted November 04, 2007 - 03:20 PM

It doesn't affect it much to dent the header unless you smash it down really good.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bmwgs

Posted November 04, 2007 - 05:27 PM

Is this true it has to be "hit to fit"...?...That sounds strange as the XR600 had to have been a popular sale for Yosh...I ordered one any way...so...does any body know for sure...?....Jeff @ the Quad shop...whatcha know...?

• bigredxr

Posted November 04, 2007 - 06:08 PM

bigredxr,

I'm interested in looking at the system too, it sounds like they've got quite a few on hand.

Where did you get the info about the headers not fitting? Got any links?

Seems that ball peening the header pipe to fit would cause some turbulent air flow and ruin the benefit of having a "better" flowing system.

www.thumpertalk.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-147829.html - 12k

• sploogemonkey

Posted November 05, 2007 - 12:36 PM

Thanks for the link, bigredxr.:worthy:

I need to find out if there is any difference in the placement of the oil drain plug on the frame between the 650L model and the 600R model.

I've got the 600R, which is what the system was designed specifically for. Maybe I won't have top modify the head pipe?

Since I was in the neighborhood, I dropped by Yosh' and picked mine up already. It's still in the box, and with all the projects I've got going on right now, I probably won't even touch it for a few weeks.

Here's an image that Buckarmadillo originally posted

Posted Image

• bigredxr

Posted November 05, 2007 - 05:12 PM

No problem sploogemonkey, glad to help.
The xr600r and xr650l frames are nearly identical. Not to be a fun govenor, but more than likely your going to have to modify the headpipe. Drop the other projects and fit it up would ya so I can figure out if I should drop some coin as well. Thanks

• xr650l bum

Posted November 05, 2007 - 05:27 PM

I tried to buy one on my lunch break, and they had just sold the last one. Damn it! Thank you for letting us know. If anyone who gets there's and doesnt want it, or changes their mind please let me know. I would still like to get one. Thanks again!

• sploogemonkey

Posted November 05, 2007 - 06:16 PM

Somebody bought the last one?

Damn, that might have been me. I was at the Yoshimura R&D facility picking mine up at about 11am this morning.

I thought they had a bunch of 'em.

• uranys

Posted November 06, 2007 - 07:02 AM

How loud is this system? I know it's going to be louder than stock, but is it neighbors are gonna call the cops loud?

• xr650l bum

Posted November 06, 2007 - 07:08 AM

How loud is this system? I know it's going to be louder than stock, but is it neighbors are gonna call the cops loud?

Yes it is! I will save your relationship with the neighbors and take it off your hands.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.