02 WR426F Canadian Exhaust

5 replies to this topic
  • Heavy

Posted March 25, 2002 - 11:15 AM

I just purchased a 02 WR26F Canadian, I haven't received it yet. I have searched the posts but haven't found the info I am looking for. I have read that the exhaust is sealed. That I understood.

My question is whether or not it is any good. Some people say they like it and it is less restrictive than the US. Some say that it is trash and recommend an aftermarket exhaust. What aftermarket exhaust would you buy. Do I need the whole pipe or just the muffler.

• banffboy

Posted March 25, 2002 - 11:20 AM

The stock exhaust sounds like someone left the fridge door open! I replaced mine with an FMF powercore IV (just the muffler). It improves performance.Sounds great

• Woodzi

Posted March 25, 2002 - 12:08 PM

It doesn't sound that great, but it is very quiet. Performance is very good. A local shop dyno tested a 400 with a stock pipe vs a loud aftermarket pipe and there was no difference. It is heavy though.

I have left mine stock. With YZ timing it is very fast. I think your money is best spent personalizing suspension and ergos.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • lewichris

Posted March 25, 2002 - 12:11 PM

i would love to see those dyno's results. I personally find that hard to believe. But i am usually wrong. So post the tests

• ratbiker

Posted March 25, 2002 - 02:50 PM

Originally posted by Woodzi:
It doesn't sound that great, but it is very quiet. Performance is very good. A local shop dyno tested a 400 with a stock pipe vs a loud aftermarket pipe and there was no difference. It is heavy though.

I have left mine stock. With YZ timing it is very fast. I think your money is best spent personalizing suspension and ergos.

just a heads up on that canadien pipe.not usfs legal!

• omnivortex

Posted March 25, 2002 - 06:03 PM

I added the white bros e series and I thought it added a bit more midrange hit..dont have to roll the throttle as far to lift the front wheel. Definitely lighter and sounds better..Keep it for when you need to ride somewhere quiet.

I heard the YZ timing doesnt make much difference becuase of the newly mapped ignition...not sure on that one though.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.