does this suspension deserve some love/money

1 reply to this topic
  • gem

Posted November 01, 2007 - 05:27 PM

I was out riding my 2000 yz426 today and though I had fun the extra stiff suspension was killing me. This bike was set up for a much heavier dude. Can someone like Factory Connection really get this bike plush for me or are these forks/shock to old and not worth the money or effort. I rode my buddies 06 wr250 and it had me whining for a smoother ride. I will keep riding this old tank cause I love it and wonder how my love would deepen w/ better suspension and an auto - decomp cam

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • KJ790

Posted November 01, 2007 - 05:39 PM

Money in the suspension is always worth it, no matter how old it is. It probably is overdue for a rebuild anyways, have a suspension company revalve it for you when it is apart. A revalved 2000 suspension will feel as good, if not better than an 08 stock suspension.

Related Content

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.