Men In Tights

2 replies to this topic
  • Andy_Baker

Posted January 29, 2001 - 12:34 PM

Thought I'd share a tip with you.
Most people with WR's have removed the air box lid , and either thrown it away , or left it in the garage like me.
After recently toying with the idea of filter skins i came up with a brainwave ! I cut the airbox lid all the way around the edge so it forms a kind of plastic frame. I then placed a cut out piece of old tights ( My wife's not mine )over the top of the airbox , and replaced the cut down lid over the top to hold it in place.Then spray the tight material with filter oil
This saves a lot of crap from even getting to the air filter - eliminates filter skins - can easily be thrown away and replaced - and better still costs nothing !!
i rode 200km with this in place at the weekend and it was just fine.
Andy

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bryan Bosch

Posted January 30, 2001 - 04:57 AM

Good thinking Andy. I like you cut the airbox lid and left just the perimeter so as to form a lip around the entrance to the airbox. However; it never occured to me to put the hose over the lid. I might have to just give this a try.

• Andy_Baker

Posted January 30, 2001 - 12:33 PM

Try it Bryan - it made a big difference to my filter cleanliness , and there is virtually no air restriction through the hose ( I guess that's American for tights!? ).
There was certainly no power loss at all.
you can also vary the Denier of the tights depening on how dusty the conditions are.
All the Best
Andy

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.