I bought a plated BRP....now the modding begins.

32 replies to this topic
  • ogrider650

Posted November 02, 2007 - 07:57 PM

congrats!! i was running 175/68s on my stock carb before the eddie but for sure get the footpeg fix, it sucks riding whoops and having that thing fall off :-)

• Krannie McKranface

Posted November 02, 2007 - 08:41 PM

Hey, I'm up here in Palmtuckey/Lancaster. I have been riding on a great trail system that is mostly dirt, almost to valencia and back. We hit up lunch and gas along the way sometimes too. Some great and challenging riding if we take some of the harder offshoots. There are many fire roads, a few hill climbs, some technical singletracks, paved canyon road, and access roads with kickers and jumps.

Hit me up if any of you want to ride together. I don't have a truck but can get friends who do if you want to suck some dust at Dove Springs or Cal City. I still think the trails I found are better though since you aren't pounding through whoops all day.

You bet. Let me get it running right and we will ride.

• weskc35k

Posted November 02, 2007 - 08:43 PM

Go the Kranster,i had to give my X back to Honda Australia Krannie but it's all good as i've had some time on the BRP and it's rockin'.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted November 02, 2007 - 08:47 PM

Go the Kranster,i had to give my X back to Honda Australia Krannie but it's all good as i've had some time on the BRP and it's rockin'.

Give it back?

• weskc35k

Posted November 02, 2007 - 11:07 PM

Yeah it was a race plan bike and i wasn't racing as i was too busy working.

• Billahjack

Posted November 04, 2007 - 03:24 PM

You bet. Let me get it running right and we will ride.

Watch out for the USDA police on the Santa Clarita side. Got a 75$ ticket for riding in a closed forest this weekend. I could have run from the USDA police but I didn't know if they would call in the chopper. After getting our pictures taken with those a-holes, we found out that they only call a chopper in for emergencies and that some dude ona suzuki got away from them earlier in the morning. Guess its gas next time, no brake.

They also said the forest will be closed for 2 years so the plants can grow back.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • gearloos

Posted November 04, 2007 - 03:32 PM

Watch out for the USDA police on the Santa Clarita side.

US Dept. Agriculture?
Were you guys riding un licensed Cows? O man.. or were you smuggling in unauhorized cheese products?
LMAO.. I hope you meant USFS.. If not, I need to know what the USDA has in store for me..:worthy: :worthy: :worthy:
Great.... Now my BBQ is gonna get pulled over for smoke violations and too well done.
lol just messin wit ya

• Descalzo

Posted November 05, 2007 - 05:22 AM

US Dept. Agriculture?
Were you guys riding un licensed Cows? O man.. or were you smuggling in unauhorized cheese products?
LMAO.. I hope you meant USFS.. If not, I need to know what the USDA has in store for me..:worthy: :worthy: :worthy:
Great.... Now my BBQ is gonna get pulled over for smoke violations and too well done.
lol just messin wit ya

USFS is a part of the Department of Agriculture

• Billahjack

Posted November 05, 2007 - 08:43 AM

Its the people's republic of California where the beaurocracy has metastasized into an interconnected web of tax spending B.S. Yes, it was USDA police. They had shotguns, AR-15's, pistols, radios, ticket books, and probably bulletproof jackets. It didn't say USFS on anything of theirs.

They also told us we could be destroying ancient native american graveyards. We asked them to show us where. He started pointing at random places saying they could be there, there, there etc.

The thing that really got me was that he said the forest would be closed for 2 years. That is total crap.

• dezracerE

Posted November 05, 2007 - 01:42 PM

Its the people's republic of California where the beaurocracy has metastasized into an interconnected web of tax spending B.S. Yes, it was USDA police. They had shotguns, AR-15's, pistols, radios, ticket books, and probably bulletproof jackets. It didn't say USFS on anything of theirs.

They also told us we could be destroying ancient native american graveyards. We asked them to show us where. He started pointing at random places saying they could be there, there, there etc.

The thing that really got me was that he said the forest would be closed for 2 years. That is total crap.

Are they afraid you gonna burn something?
Or do they want vegetation to grow on the roads so they can close them too so as to not endanger the "spineflower" weed that may grow on them?:worthy:
Gotta love Cali- cant wait to say goodbye some day...

• cleonard

Posted November 05, 2007 - 02:13 PM

It's basically standard practice for Angeles NF to close the forest for two years after a fire. I have experienced two of these closures over the years. Yes, it does totally suck. Since the fire burned the entire Rowher and DWF areas we can write them off till 2009. It really pisses me off since I am about 5 minutes away from the DWF staging.

I'm kind or surprised that they tried to justify their actions. The bottom line is that the forest supervisor signed a closure order and you were violating it.

As you already have a ticket, I wouldn't do it again. The next one will cost a lot more than $75. The max fine is $5000 with up to six months in the hole and an impounded bike. Get caught a couple more times and they will slam you.

Remember it was not the Peoples republic of California in this instance. This came to you directly from Washington DC. Send you misgivings to where they belong.

• Billahjack

Posted November 06, 2007 - 08:53 AM

Thanks for the info.

Bye-bye Shangri-La. I guess I will have to pound whoops and eat dust for the next two years with the rest of the moto crowd.

• porterdog

Posted November 07, 2007 - 04:32 AM

I just picked up a CA plated '02 that has barely been ridden...

So, what else is on the must do list?

Tear down and regrease the rear suspension linkage and steer-tube bearings?

Related Content

Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.