My First Trail Patrol Chase......They'll never take me alive!

59 replies to this topic
  • lewichris

Posted March 25, 2002 - 10:53 PM

tellind someone to F.O. is not necessary. This is an informatin site to ask questions and tell stories. Not to slander the hell out of people. So don't ruin it for everyone.

• RSK

Posted March 25, 2002 - 11:05 AM

Hello my name is RSK and I am here to testify to the events on Sunday the 24 of March at aprox 1400 hours. I was leading the motley crew out for the last loop of the day for my self as I had to leave for work when I went through one of the bogged out corners from hell that our riding friends on 4 wheels has so kindly fixed up for us. Well when I came around the corner I could see a group of 4 wheelers as well as the trial boss talking to them, and I could also see Yamakazi & Bob taking the short cut trail that was in better shape then the bogged out mess I just came through and had been created by the 4 wheelers. At that time I new the race was on as I saw the trail cop fire up his stead and jump in behind me, I went on down the trail in pursuit of Yamakazi so I could inform him of his pursuer. At that point in time Yamakazi decided to leave the scene with out talking to the trail boss, but in his defense we did ride back the same way we rode in and we where looking for the trail cop to talk to him. The thing that I found funny or maybe sad about the whole thing was that when we where going back there where 5 four wheelers at the same location thrashing it! No trail cop to be found ( probably looking for yamakazi ). I agree that we should all stay on the marked trails and obey all the rules set up to keep them in shape as the eco nazi’s are just looking for reason’s to shut them down. But when you have to ride through a mud bog that comes up to your gas tank, you some times look for a better line and for Yamakazi it was down the four-wheeler trail.

I also think it would be a neat experiment to take 2 orv parks and set one up for bikes only and the other up for 4 wheeler only and see which one had the most damage after 6 months, this would include litter out on the trails, the one thing I did notice out there was the fact that the beer cans where all over the place on the side of the trail….. I guess it’s those bike riders you know how easy it is to ride through the woods with your hair on fire while your sipping on a nice cool one.

Can’t we all just get along!!! At a very fast pace!!!!

• Scotti

Posted March 25, 2002 - 11:09 AM

We all have had the thought of some one trying
to stop us when riding or faithful steeds. This
machine can do and go anywhere faster than any
potential pursuer. After 44 years of thinking i
new better i have submitted to following the rules. Not my no it all it's ok just once nature.
It seems the rules are there for a reason. Hopefully a good one. We must try and be apart of the solution. Yamakazee I've been there and i
almost did that. Thanks for the story. Some times
a guy's gotta do what a guy's gotta do.

Winder till she stinks!!

• Guy

Posted March 25, 2002 - 11:10 AM

Originally posted by lewichris:
tellind someone to F.O. is not necessary. This is an informatin site to ask questions and tell stories. Not to slander the hell out of people. So don't ruin it for everyone.

Lewichris, thats fine but bear in mind the FOX426's comment were as BIG an F.O. to Yamakaze as you can get...what is sauce for the goose!

• BFLee

Posted March 25, 2002 - 11:31 AM

Originally posted by lewichris:

Fair enough. But as you can see from other posts in this thread, I was not alone in my opinion. And if you were to read a few of my other posts across the TT boards you would see that I am an outspoken advocate of riding responsibly.

I have not participated in any pissing matches and I do not intend to start now. So I will leave it at that.

• lewichris

Posted March 25, 2002 - 12:08 PM

right on brother. I am not wanting to start a pissing match. just saying that telling some one to F.O. is just plain crap. I dont agree with what 426 whoever said and yamakaze knows this. It is pretty chicken **** . But no need to tell someone to **** off.

• Bill

Posted March 25, 2002 - 03:10 PM

OK, OK. Maybe Kaze should not have posted what he did or even done, what he did :) But what's done is done and let's just stick to the story and not flaming each other.

Hell I posted once about an over zealous cop at DRN (off duty in his personal car). I live in a cul-de-sac and washed the bike after riding. I was wearing shorts and thongs (no not a short thong) and wanted to get the condensation out of the exhaust and some of the water off before I towled my baby down. My kids were out watching me and I took of down the street (entire length of the street= 5 houses, I live in the second) and turned around, rolled the beast on and the front wheel came up and I pulled into the driveway. This maniac in a blazer (Mr off duty) tries to cut me off going into the driveway. I stop and am thinking I going to slap this idiot and he whips out his badge and starts in on me about no helmet. Doesn't even notice, I'm riding a off-road bike.

Anyways, I was reffering to the cop (off duty) having nothing better to do, than hassle a middle aged guy in front of his house, after riding his bike for 40 seconds. Damn some of those guys went off on the me, riding without a helmet and in front of my kids (yea, I'm a lousy parent :D Blah, blah, blah)

• BFLee

Posted March 25, 2002 - 03:27 PM

I guess I'm a lousy parent too, or at least a lousy neighbor. I do that all the time :) You should have seen when I was jetting my carb :D :D

I also live on a court, at the very end. I will admit to the criminal offense of giving my three year old rides up and down the street. (gasp, oh the horror!)

• #1_Hit-man

Posted March 25, 2002 - 05:30 PM

Originally posted by BFLee:

I also live on a court, at the very end. I will admit to the criminal offense of giving my three year old rides up and down the street. (gasp, oh the horror!)

LOL :)

• DR.Zaius

Posted March 25, 2002 - 06:35 PM

The police in Foxboro MASS are horrible. Absolutly unfair to any one with a dirtbike. Actually almost anywhere in MA. My grandfather has a few acres there, so I would test the bike out there. Now this is back when the stock exhaust was on, which you all may know is no louder than a mouse farting. Even on my grandfathers land, the police came. Tried to take the bike away while I was working on it once- it was in pieces! They would come 5-8 times a DAY, pulling in trying to get me to stop. They finally gave up, after riding every day for the whole summer. :) What a pain in the arse!!! (But it was all worth it!) :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed

Posted March 25, 2002 - 06:51 PM

This must be the criminal element of ThumperTalk! Of course, I would never do anything like that. NOT!!!!! :) :D :D

• Brian_in_Long_Beach

Posted March 25, 2002 - 08:23 PM

Originally posted by PMAUST:
Of course, I would never do anything like that. NOT!!!!! :) :D :D

I've seen you ride - the cops don't have to worry too much.... :D

Are you doing the Reno 200? There's 4-5 of us at work that are already signed up.

• hodaphile

Posted March 25, 2002 - 08:48 PM

Originally posted by YAMAKAZE:

hodaphile: You can keep the sanctimonious BS to yourself..It doesn't impress anyone.

Lest I forget: On the way back there must have been 5 ATV's Ripping up the groung OFF Trail in the same place I crossed....No Enforcment in sight.

For the Record I have several friends in GA and Ala, that are DNR Wardens and Rangers. As a Matter of fact I called the Ranger Station this morning to apoligize for my infraction before I even created this post.

[ March 25, 2002: Message edited by: YAMAKAZE ][/QB]

Kaze- That was considerate that you called to apoloigize. And btw, I haven't yet caught myself trying to impress. And as far as sanctimonious, I'm glad you were able to look it up! Yeah, I have ridden on unmarked trails, but I won't brag about it.

• hodaphile

Posted March 25, 2002 - 08:49 PM

[ March 25, 2002: Message edited by: hodaphile ]

• William

Posted March 25, 2002 - 08:57 PM

I will tell you what the real crime is here, having a DRZ400E post here, get out of camp.

• Bill

Posted March 26, 2002 - 01:22 AM

Originally posted by PMAUST:
This must be the criminal element of ThumperTalk! Of course, I would never do anything like that. NOT!!!!! :) :D :D

Step back everyone, the lightning will be coming through the roof :D :D :D :D

• ride_red

Posted March 26, 2002 - 05:26 AM

I'm sure Brian B and Steve wouldn't mind me bouncing this over here:

• armourbl

Posted March 26, 2002 - 07:53 AM

Couple of thoughts...

First...Woa, look at all the response to this.

Second...I often ride my bike up and down the street after washing it, no helmet, in front of kids, give my 6-year-old rides (very slowly), and sometime even loft the front wheel for small thrills. I recently found out that a new neighbor complained about the motorcycle noise in the complex. He just happens to live on the end of the block, and I now make it a point to rev my bike loudly when I pass his house. Of course, I do this on my 1999 Suzuki TL1000R, a loud street legal V-twin Superbike. Now, last time I checked it isn't illegal to ride a street legal motorcycle on the street, so he can kiss my butt. I've lived in the neighborhood for more than 5 years now and everyone knows me as the the motorcycle guy and we all get along except this new guy.

And lastly...I don't really think Yamakaze did anything wrong. I mean come on, was he really certain they were chasing him. They may have been just answering an emergency call and were heading his way... If he just simply continued on his way not "realizing" that they were in pursuit of him, is that really a crime? LOL

Get real, common sense should be a rule for law enforcement. All to often we get taken advantage of as citizens. I bet Yamakaze is an outstanding citizen. If I remeber correctly he was the one who took in a foster kid, bought a bike and gear, just to help steer him in the right direction...

When is the last time any of the ppl calling him out did something so substantial for your community?

And everyone is entitled to their opinion, but no one ever said you have the right to tell ppl to F.O. -- grow up.

• lewichris

Posted March 26, 2002 - 08:31 AM

word my brother

• Ga426owner

Posted March 26, 2002 - 09:36 AM

The funny thing is I know Bonzai aka, YamiCasi. He is a great guy. He posted this to be funny, because he was amuzed by the whole thing. He is the one that takes foster kids in to he & his wifes house. He is xmilitary with the biggest heart imaginable.
The sad thing is how this thread affected all of us in different ways. From the cop himself to others telling each other to F.O. to reports to the Alabama Park Rangers... Come on guys/girls, this was a funny story & nothing more. We all have had instances of bending the rules or not completely adhering to the "Trail Rules". Our intent was not to cause harm.
We all share these areas to ride, I do not care which state you or other fellow riders live in.
We must use some caution at times, more at other times. But, remember this, Riding is about having fun! Plain & simple

So, lets all just get along, put the testosteroin on hold til the weekend. Then roost some 4-wheelers...........

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.