wr/yz wheel swap?

2 replies to this topic
  • mikeythefokker

Posted October 31, 2007 - 06:50 PM

I have an 07 wr450 and I bent my back rim up pretty bad a few weeks ago. I found a set of yz450 wheels that are off of an 04(i think) and the rotor doesn't seem to fit right in the caliper. ***? Did I just put my wheel on crooked, are the spacers not symetrical(used my wr ones) or do I need to shim the rotor? I would really like to make this rear wheel work so that when I get the stocker fixed I have 2 sets of wheels. That would be really convenient. I would like to know though if this is a lost cause or anything, before I really get into it and it melts my cranium. Thanks.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WGP

Posted November 01, 2007 - 07:03 AM

The YZ has a 19", WR 18" rear. I don't think it will work.

• matt4x4

Posted November 01, 2007 - 07:24 AM

19" or 18" wheel should not matter, it's all about the hub and rotor and caliper.
The 04 YZ and WR share the identical brake/hub/disk components, however, there is a difference between the 04 and 07 components, so I believe the brake has been redesigned.
I've checked on line, and the hub you have on your 07 is identical to the 04 WR/YZ hub, so you shouldn't have to do anything but use teh 07 spacers and 07 rotor to make it work properly - you'll just have a 1" larger rim on the bike.

Go here to cross reference your part numbers and verify:
http://www.cyclepart.../2/default.aspx

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.