oil question, 650L... sorry

3 replies to this topic
  • jeanluconze

Posted October 31, 2007 - 10:57 AM

In San Diego (i.e. never cold), is the ANY problem with using 20-50 instead of 10-40. Will it coat better at high temps or am I wasting my time changing from 10-40 recommended by the manual. Please dont post a link to Bob the oil guy!:worthy:

• Denn10

Posted October 31, 2007 - 11:31 AM

im just up the hill in Victorville and XRs only told me with our nominal temps to use 20/50 all year round so i do.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cleonard

Posted October 31, 2007 - 11:46 AM

With how hot these engines run I used to only run 20W-50. I switched a few years ago to the Rotella T 15W-40 for quality, cost, and availability reasons. 20W-50 would only be an issue when starting a cold engine that is well below freezing, and I'm not usually on my bike when it is that cold.

• martinfan30

Posted October 31, 2007 - 11:56 AM

In San Diego (i.e. never cold), is the ANY problem with using 20-50 instead of 10-40. Will it coat better at high temps or am I wasting my time changing from 10-40 recommended by the manual. Please dont post a link to Bob the oil guy!:worthy:

IN YOUR SPOT, id do the switch.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.