awaiting for congratulations! Im about to get XR650R'tarded!

21 replies to this topic
  • ultimate

Posted October 31, 2007 - 09:57 AM

just won this lot today at japaneese auction:
Posted Image
Posted Image

questions for you - XR gurus: how do you think while watching the pics, what's the differences between stock xr650r?
except: wheels, front brake rotor, full pipe and headlight

ps: who's the manufacter of this pipe?

• Coolidge

Posted October 31, 2007 - 10:26 AM

Bigger gas tank? Seat cover....?
Nice score
....congrats

• TDC71

Posted October 31, 2007 - 10:34 AM

Wow thats a sweet bike.:worthy:

• porterdog

Posted October 31, 2007 - 11:00 AM

Nice.

Front fender isn't stock.

• ultimate

Posted October 31, 2007 - 11:04 AM

any suggestions about rear sprocket? is it stock?

btw, guys anyone noticed hiflo air filter, except me? )))

• ultimate

Posted October 31, 2007 - 11:06 AM

Bigger gas tank?

are you sure? is it really aftermarket??
looks like stock... but... dunno exactly

• InternalCombustion

Posted October 31, 2007 - 12:33 PM

are you sure? is it really aftermarket??
looks like stock... but... dunno exactly

1. I think the tank is factory.

2. The sprocket is close to factory, maybe down a few teeth.

3. Why do you think the air filter is hi-flow?

4. Also, it has rear pegs (non-factory is the US).

5. No fork boots. (I like the look of no fork boots, maybe mine need to go bye-bye...)

6. Pipe might be Pro Circuit, except yours has a heat shield.

Sweet bike! For comparison, here's my R when I had a 45t sprocket on it (you'll notice the same seat and shroud graphics, but a couple of months ago I took off my tank graphics and polished out the tank, like yours...)

Posted Image

• InternalCombustion

Posted October 31, 2007 - 12:37 PM

just won this lot today at japaneese auction:

What the heck is shipping going to cost you, from Japan to Russia??!!

• hill5150

Posted October 31, 2007 - 01:12 PM

Nice bike.....:worthy:

• knuklehead

Posted October 31, 2007 - 01:21 PM

Looks like it wired with an after market odo,can see the wire running along the ft. brake hose.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Big Red Paul

Posted October 31, 2007 - 03:22 PM

Ultimate, may I inquire as to much you paid for the bike? (Japanese yen price).

Nice bikes for sure. Ultimate and Internalcombustion's bikes look similiar ! Be careful parking those two together, you will be riding the wrong bike home by mistake.

Internalcombustion, is that a chrome gas cap I see ? How cool is that ???

• ultimate

Posted November 05, 2007 - 11:43 PM

What the heck is shipping going to cost you, from Japan to Russia??!!

it's about 2k-2,5k bucks

final price in russia is 7,5k bucks..
is it typical problem with oil leaks with xr650r??

• ultimate

Posted November 19, 2007 - 10:27 AM

guys.. i need help and suggestions from you, gurus.
today ive got full-sized photos of my near-to-get BRP and now there's a possibility to check everything - tuning & aftermarket tools, condition, etc..
so, here's the zip: http://www.sendspace.com/file/8rklpd
what's your suggestions?
who's the manufacter of this aftermarket carb?
how do you think was the engine cracked?
my friend telling me that someone put his hands inside, and there's a big possibility, it was track-prepared XR..

• InternalCombustion

Posted November 20, 2007 - 06:06 PM

guys.. i need help and suggestions from you, gurus.
today ive got full-sized photos of my near-to-get BRP and now there's a possibility to check everything - tuning & aftermarket tools, condition, etc..
so, here's the zip: http://www.sendspace.com/file/8rklpd
what's your suggestions?
who's the manufacter of this aftermarket carb?
how do you think was the engine cracked?
my friend telling me that someone put his hands inside, and there's a big possibility, it was track-prepared XR..

My observations:

Seems like a clean bike. Excel Rims are very nice. Looks like an aftermarket handlebar (maybe a Pro Taper).

Aftermarket passenger pegs are nice. Just be sure that you do not carry a "big" passenger (over 120 pounds, say) because the rear sub-frame on a XR650R is not designed for any heavy loads (like a passenger!) and will crack. :ride: If your girlfriend is nice and skinny, no problem. Otherwise do not risk it.

Air filter looks like a K&N, if so it can be cleaned and re-oiled. Go online and look for instructions, it is simple to do if you follow the instructions. Just do not use the K&N for any serious offroad or dusty use, as it will get blocked with dust quickly. I am not sure what carb model that is.

I have the same seat cover, I like the way it looks.

You have a 320mm front rotor, looks like its got a little corrosion, but that will clean off with a wire brush or steel wool. And it has a Beringer front brake caliper. That is nice (and expensive). The master cylinder looks to be stock.

Why are you asking about oil leaks? I am not seeing any leaks. To answer your question, engine-oil leaks on a XR650R are unusual, in my experience. If it is leaking oil that suggests that the engine has been modified or worked on, and not properly reassembled. I may be wrong. But again, I am not seeing any oil leaks.

The cables (particularly the speedo cable) can be re-routed for a nicer, uncluttered look.

My guess is that the original owner wanted a cool-looking supermoto XR650R, spent a lot of money getting this one to look like it is, then lost interest in it and sold it. It does not look like its been laid down, so if it was raced it was not raced very much.

All in all, it looks like a very nice 650R. Congratulations!! :thumbsup:

• ultimate

Posted November 23, 2007 - 07:44 AM

All in all, it looks like a very nice 650R. Congratulations!! :thumbsup:

thanx for informative reply!
how do you think - was the engine's "head" ever opened??
and, please, look closer at the gas throttle - do you see any difference??
what do you think about the muffler - don't you think it mounted straigth under ass, not by right side as stock exhaust??

The cables (particularly the speedo cable) can be re-routed for a nicer, uncluttered look.

which cables did you meant?

2all:
ive just made online photo album - check all the photos here http://www.photoshar...um.php?id=49094

• InternalCombustion

Posted November 23, 2007 - 08:34 AM

thanx for informative reply!
1. how do you think - was the engine's "head" ever opened??
2. was this bike used at the track?
3. please, look closer at the gas throttle - do you see any difference??

1. My guess is no, but it could have been. There appears to be something that may be a black, liquid-gasket material that may have been applied to the head-to-cylinder joint. Not sure. Though it is rare, there have been some reports of valve-train oiling issues, that caused premature failure of the cam and/or followers. But I have personally only heard of two such instances, out of all the posts I have read, anywhere. My GUESS would be PERHAPS the previous owner installed the HRC Power-up kit (cam, piston, cam chain, and valve springs), which might explain the black liquid-gasket material. But I am purely guessing here. He spent US$400 on the exhaust and US$1200+ on the rims and tires. Another US$350+ on the Beringer caliper and rotor. So he MIGHT have gone further and spent the US$1000+ for the HRC kit. No way of telling for sure, until you get the bike.

2. This bike may have had a few "track days" but it does not appear to have been raced, only because it does not appear to have been laid down (there are no significant scratches to the front lower forks, nor the rear of the swing arm). However, if the owner had installed "sliders" to the front and rear axles (I have them on my650R), the sliders would have protected those parts from any abrasion in the event of a lay-down. My main opinion that it was not "raced", is that the owner installed rear passenger pegs. Normally, (at least in my experience) hard-core supermoto racers do not go to the trouble and expense of installing rear pegs on their bikes. They will spend that money on pure performance options instead. That is my opinion.

3. Not sure what you want me to look at, regarding the "gas throttle". I cannot see anything unusual, at least in the pictures you have posted. The throttle assembly on the handlebars appears to be stock.

When will you get the bike?

• ultimate

Posted November 24, 2007 - 01:23 AM

1. My guess is no...

2. This bike may have ....

okay. HRC kit is highly possible. how much power it BRP is usually getting after it has been installed?? btw, i think pipe is much more then $400.. it's about $600 for the muffler and about $200 for the pipes. and im not quite sure thar muffler was especially made for XR650R. but im sure it's from any other model of bike.

the reason of thinking more about track days of this bike - is a look of the tyre's. the tires is defenitelly "cut" at the edges.

ill get it next january 2008... hope so(

• Johnboy222

Posted November 24, 2007 - 01:50 AM

Exhausts have Termignoni stickers on them. They´re fitted to Ducatis.

And it looks like there´s 2 of them under the seat:thumbsup:

• ultimate

Posted November 24, 2007 - 02:50 AM

Exhausts have Termignoni stickers on them. They´re fitted to Ducatis.

And it looks like there´s 2 of them under the seat:thumbsup:

damn right..
ive got the same imagination about double-barreled pipe under the ass..
ive got it as soon as i thuogth that there's no reason to put the sticker to the both of the sides of the pipe.
and if there's a sticker at the left side of the pipe also then there might be a TWO PIPES!!

can't even wait anymore untill i get the bike!! and listen to it...))))

• ultimate

Posted November 24, 2007 - 03:06 AM

btw...
if there's a pipe straigth under the seat - how it could be working throught the number skid plate???
Posted Image

maybe this is it???
http://cgi.ebay.com/...bayphotohosting

Related Content

Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Forums
Photo

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.